Why become a member? ×

Ibanez GVB1006 Gerald Veasley 6-String Signature Bass

Dood

Ok, so months later! I'm pretty pleased to say that I now own one of the first three GVB36 basses to land in the UK. I'll get some pics up soon, but it is a rather tasty bass!!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1336650540' post='1648868']
Ok, so months later! I'm pretty pleased to say that I now own one of the first three GVB36 basses to land in the UK. I'll get some pics up soon, but it is a rather tasty bass!!
[/quote]

Exciting news mate!
You should know more than most here though, no pics, no bass ;)

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it too!

Eude

The 14mm string spacing seems ridiculous, but it's 'shredtastic'. String skipping and sweep picking is effortless as well as extended chords and Ellefson style bass lines. I'm pretty chuffed with the range of tones from the bass too. It's very different from my EMG electronics that's for sure. It's a fairly light bass, very well balanced and very well presented straight out the included 'luxury' hard case with an embroided logo on the outside. The bass has a set of Elixir strings on too and comes with all the usual case goodies, so all in all a great bit of kit. I love the ultra light tuning keys and small headstock keeping 'nose diving' to a minimum.

Ultimately, it's not a patch on my Shuker 6, but it's going to be a really useable second bass - until such times as I have a Shuker 6 string ... with a 14mm spacing!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, having compared the official specs between the two - there's a great deal from the 1006 that made it's way to the 36. I mean, I can't really see how the 1006 could have been 4 grand more than the 36 by viewing only. I have to say, it's a great bass. There's going to be very little I'm going to change (if at all). The 36 has medium frets, but having reviewed the Dingwall Afterburner 6 in iGuitar with banjo/mandolin sized frets, I'd really love to play the 1006 (with the same) to see how it compares. The Dingwall was a stunning instrument!

You should be able to order the 36 through PMT as they carry a lot of Ibanez stock.