Why become a member? ×

Dirty Loops - Short but immensely sweet. Funkiest sh*t I ever heard!

xilddx

they show just how playing with good feel and time makes for an incredibly full sound... everything is in the right place dynamically as well as in placement terms, it all works and so sounds like a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts.... very mature ability for such young guys....
I remember some threads on here about music colleges being sh*t... well obviously they are, if all they can do is produce players of this calibre :P

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1324603010' post='1476271']
I remember some threads on here about music colleges being sh*t... well obviously they are, if all they can do is produce players of this calibre :P
[/quote]

Sorry, but I seriously doubt they can play like that because they learned how to in college - they were probably pretty awesome before they got there.

I think in the bass player's case he started on piano age 4, moved on to brass at 13, was a session bassist by 16. I would guess he was pretty good before he got to the Royal College of music in Stockholm, but I am also sure his playing developed as a result of his attendance at said school. An exceptionally talented bunch of musicians it seems.

Edited by M-N-Y

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1324603010' post='1476271']
they show just how playing with good feel and time makes for an incredibly full sound... everything is in the right place dynamically as well as in placement terms, it all works and so sounds like a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts.... very mature ability for such young guys....
[/quote]

I don't think anyone said they were sh*t, Jake.

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1324688087' post='1477156']
I think the vocalist is from a Scandinavian Pop Idol show.
Check out Dirty Loops new cover- Beiber's "Baby"
Another great cover with some great bass playing and more fistfuls of chords.
[/quote]
Yep, there was another thread about that just before this one :D It's f***ing incredible!

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1324688242' post='1477159']
I'm going back ages Nig, there have been some extremely disparaging comments about music college over the years here.
In a fit of Christmas goodwill I thought I'd drag up old forgotten comments B) :P :lol:
[/quote]
Riiiight :D

[quote name='jakenewmanbass' timestamp='1324688403' post='1477160']
twas a very lighthearted comment Rhys, but then there you go... colours shown...
[/quote]

I've got no opinions on music colleges/courses at all really, good or bad - I was simply saying that I'm pretty sure they didn't get to play like that purely by studying on a course, which is what you seem to be inferring.

By the same token I'm also pretty sure that no amount of formal music studying could ever make me anything other than not very good - I could take every bass course available from now until doomsday & I wouldn't be as good as that guy.

Edited by RhysP