Why become a member? ×

South London bass idiot (i.e. guitarist), saying hello

richardjmorgan

Hi there all. I've been lurking about for a while and reading things but thought I'd actually get some stuff posted up as I'm planning some bassy projects soon and am probably going to need some help.

Pertinent information:

• I mostly play the guitar, although I started out playing bass then drifted away from it.

• I have a couple of basses: an Aria Pro II Cardinal series thing, which I used to use in my crummy teenage pop-punk band back in the day, and I've just been reunited with my very first instrument, an Encore LTD-83 P-bass copy, for which I have PLANS.

• I play guitar in a band with a bassist called Simon who used to post on here a fair bit I think.

Anyway, aforementioned band does METAL which involves us being tuned down to C# std and Drop B - I want to tart the Encore up a bit and turn into the sort of thing suited to use for demoing such stuff. Advice will probably be required as I don't really know what I'm doing.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1324489124' post='1474911']
Hi. Where in Sarf Lunnon are you?
[/quote]
Wandsworth - band practices over in Brixton.

Cheers for the welcomes everyone - hopefully have some pics of my bass I'll be messing with soon. Which sub-forum would be best for getting pointers on upgrading/tweaking it?

Edited by richardjmorgan