Why become a member? ×

Custom Modulus Flea

molan

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='180831' date='Apr 20 2008, 01:46 AM']Holy GAS batman! twin lane poors!!?? that must sound sweet! I want but i can't afford :)[/quote]

Randy wanted an even bigger sound when he hit the USA with Jeff Beck to compete with Steve Alexander on drums, Jennifer Batten on guitar as well as Jeff doing his bit...

So, we got Modulus to provide the extra pickup and Martin Peterson of The Gallery fitted them for Randy.

The fantastic inlay is utterly superb in detail and finish, Randy faxed me this cartoon he drew of himself and we just faxed it onto Modulus who incorporated it into the fingerboard.

He went through an 'everything must be passive' moment and that's when I believe he put it up for sale.

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='SMART' post='180836' date='Apr 20 2008, 02:05 AM']Randy wanted an even bigger sound when he hit the USA with Jeff Beck to compete with Steve Alexander on drums, Jennifer Batten on guitar as well as Jeff doing his bit...

So, we got Modulus to provide the extra pickup and Martin Peterson of The Gallery fitted them for Randy.

The fantastic inlay is utterly superb in detail and finish, Randy faxed me this cartoon he drew of himself and we just faxed it onto Modulus who incorporated it into the fingerboard.

He went through an 'everything must be passive' moment and that's when I believe he put it up for sale.

Ciao

Ian[/quote]

Hey Ian, you know more about this bass than me - don't suppose you know what the switchable active circuit is by any chance?

[quote name='molan' post='180945' date='Apr 20 2008, 11:49 AM']Hey Ian, you know more about this bass than me - don't suppose you know what the switchable active circuit is by any chance?[/quote]

I'll see if the old order paperwork is still on file as it was quite a number of years ago now but I think it might be Bartolini. The person that retro-fitted the pickup and anything else at the time was not us but Martin Peterson at The Gallery in London as it was he that kindly introduced us to Randy and his search for a new Modulus bass for use with the Jeff Beck band.

BTW - I visited them all when they were in rehearsal in London, awesome sound, then when they stopped for a break Jeff, about six feet away, started to play 'A Day In The Life' (hope I got that right!) the Beatles song he played as an instrumental on George Martins album of a few years back with his fav Beatles tracks played by friends and heros.

Randy's bass playing was a superb addition and foundation to the Beck guitar sound with Jennifer Batten doing her zillion note thing in between and Steve Alexander with his solid techno type beat on the 'ol drums.

Back as soon as I can...

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

We can make any Modulus dream come true...

Historically, we've only ever sold one Flea 5 and that was in marvelous silver flake, everyone wants Flea 4s.

Seriously, it is a great bass.

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='185020' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:29 AM']Too bad this isn't a 5 or I'd have your arm off.[/quote]