Why become a member? ×

Moves like Jagger

gilmour

It's definitely a synthy sound that you're picking out - but its' not courtesy of the clean bass provided by the bass player. It's coming from one the synth players stood behind him. You could easily replicate that sound with a fuzz on a lower gain setting. An added octave pedal would get you that full low-end presence. I don't really think you need a filter as it isn't really squelchy or that wet.

One pedal to do it all? The EHX Bass Micro Synth would be one of the more readily available options. I'd recommend just getting separate Fuzz and Octave pedals though - much more flexibility!

I learnt this and most youtube vids have the synth all over it, I found the one i used to get this off, live just heavy bass. I do use a Boss OC2 at 12 oclock and 3/4 direct fed in, 1st Oct only and use a Boss AW-3 set from left -right 2oclock 2oclock 2oclock and mode knob set to sharp. Depending on the hall sometimes the flanger sounds good with the Octave. I would also have my Bass xciter on for this number. I will agree it is a difficult one and easy to over do the bass end, and find you do need to cut through so upper mids and not too much bass on the guitar and amp let the effects carry the weight. So i used this vid to learn it then added an acceptable synth sound to carry it.

http://youtu.be/_Nv10-Bc0m0

Edited by deepbass5