Why become a member? ×

levinson

greyparrot

Hello all, im new here, the names rich, from essex! i have been playing about 25 years, and work p/t at the bass merchant , and have a little duo www.bsharpduo.co.uk Any way i have two bases a steinberger sprit, which sounds great but give me a sever cramp in the left shoulder when playing it live, (any idea why? ) im not tall 5 6 and the strech to the f is a long way away, unyet when playing my 6 with a huge wide neck, i had no problems.

I have just bought a levinson b1 tetra standerd. Oh my god, i have owend about 30 basses in my time, and have to say that this blows them all away! even the posh hand made jobs (imop) I urge anyone looking for a jazz type bass to try one of these, they are simply the best for playability sound, and the quality and action is darn near perfect as they come. At the bass merchant he has a cool white five string, that i just could not stretch to, £599 but the 4 string i have is fast and has the best slap sound. I have to take my hat off to levinson to come up with a bass under £500 which is just so so sweet! well done!! :)

Hi there - as soon as I saw the thread title, I was going to say " Speak to Mike @ Bass Merchant" because last time I was in he gave me the lowdown on them. After reading your post I see that's not necessary!

Greetings from Chelmsford and a very satisfied customer of Mike!

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='166416' date='Mar 30 2008, 06:15 PM']Mike; why didn't you get Mike to build your basses?[/quote]

I had a zoot bass for a while, which was nice, but not for me, im more of a traditional bass man, you know fenders and stuff, and i like a passive bass as oppsoed to actives. Although the levinson has a pull active boost, but it has a simply awsom passive tone, and just plays like a dream. I had a zoot 5 string boudica bass, was lovely, but to middy for me. I would like to get one day (or year) the funkmister 5 he makes, they are wonderful to look at and sound great, but 2k, is better spent on the morgage than a bass at this moment in time!!

[quote name='greyparrot' post='166253' date='Mar 30 2008, 11:10 AM']Hello all, im new here, the names rich, from essex! i have been playing about 25 years, and work p/t at the bass merchant , and have a little duo www.bsharpduo.co.uk Any way i have two bases a steinberger sprit, which sounds great but give me a sever cramp in the left shoulder when playing it live, (any idea why? ) im not tall 5 6 and the strech to the f is a long way away, unyet when playing my 6 with a huge wide neck, i had no problems.

I have just bought a levinson b1 tetra standerd. Oh my god, i have owend about 30 basses in my time, and have to say that this blows them all away! even the posh hand made jobs (imop) I urge anyone looking for a jazz type bass to try one of these, they are simply the best for playability sound, and the quality and action is darn near perfect as they come. At the bass merchant he has a cool white five string, that i just could not stretch to, £599 but the 4 string i have is fast and has the best slap sound. I have to take my hat off to levinson to come up with a bass under £500 which is just so so sweet! well done!! :huh:[/quote]
Love the parrot! My gf has a little green and yellow parrot, buggered if I can remember what model number it is tho. She wants an African Grey like yours too....

Pics of the Levinson please :)