Why become a member? ×

My MusicMan trio

dub_junkie

My new to me Stingray 5. colour is pearl lavender and was discontinued in '02 or so the same as the white sparkle finish on my Sterling. The candy apple red Sterling may not be with me much longer so took the opportunity to get a shot of the three together

close up of the white sparkle with an abalone plate I picked up just today

cheers

Keir

SR5 is beautiful, absolutely my favorite colour for a bass and dead, dead rare. I'd love a Fender Jazz and matching Precision in Burgandy Mist, pre CBS, just like John Entwhistle used to have but finding them in left hand would be impossible. The three MM's together look sexy.

thanks guys :huh:

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='165951' date='Mar 29 2008, 04:49 PM']Nice - you're building up quite a collection there. You'll be able to open a shop soon![/quote]

some juggling to be done so the herd may thin a little (but I hope not too much).deal already done on one of my Spectors for another lovely 5 with another basschatter.hopefully the CAR sterling will become something else too

[quote name='nottswarwick' post='165952' date='Mar 29 2008, 04:51 PM']nice mate, qulaity stuff there. How are you finding the SR5?[/quote]

Lovin the SR5 .not as edgy as the Sterlings - . I did have a trans teal/rosewood SR5 a long time ago which was my no1 bass for about 5 years,always knew I'd have another.

[quote name='steve-soar' post='165970' date='Mar 29 2008, 05:26 PM']SR5 is beautiful, absolutely my favorite colour for a bass and dead, dead rare. I'd love a Fender Jazz and matching Precision in Burgandy Mist, pre CBS, just like John Entwhistle used to have but finding them in left hand would be impossible. The three MM's together look sexy.[/quote]

in total agreeament on the colour,burgandy mist is an all time favourite of mine too,I used to own a 60's reissue Strat in the same. Pearl Lavender is a rare colour on any MM bass and I dont think I've ever seen another 5 like it on the ebmm boards ever. Its actually more subdued than my photos suggest. in person it's very close to richardd's fender CS jazz going by his pics

[quote name='ped' post='165996' date='Mar 29 2008, 06:06 PM']Wow that SR5 is stunning. Congrats.[/quote]

sure is and I've got a rather super ebmm moonstone pickguard to go on it this week sometime
... I missed out on the Vigier Excess btw (bill for a car repairs saw to that :) ) winning bidder got it for 400 big ones lucky blighter!

cheers

Keir

• 2 weeks later...