Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender Precision 1953 Re-Issue

Linus27

Hi,

I am selling my Fender Precision 1953 Re-Issue. The bass is in mint condition, never gigged and in a kind of butterscotch colour. I have owned the bass for 4 months and I am the second owner. The first owner bought it brand new but never played it as bass was not his cup of tea. He kept it stored in a hard case for a year and then sold it to me in December 2007.

The reason I am selling is I will never really use it. I wanted a bass as a back up to my main bass for a gig I have in August. When looking for one I came across the Squire Vintage Modified Fretless Jazz bass that I fell in love with. I did not buy it as I did not want a fretless at the time as I had never played one so I ended up buying this Fender Precision 1953 Re-Issue. Little did I know that my wife for Xmas surprised me and bought me the Squire Fretless. Since then, all I use is the Squire Fretless which I will use as my back up bass. I really do not want to sell the Fender Precision 1953 Re-Issue but I'm really not going to use it and I sooner it go to somebody who will use it.

The bass is in mint condition apart from a tiny mark on the headstock which I have included a picture of. The bass is as if it has come straight from the shop as the last owner never used it and I have only played it a few times at home. The sound is a big, fat, punchy deep sound, typical to the 1950's Telecaster bass that this is based on.

I paid £340 for it back in December 2007 so I would like to get no less than £300 plus post and packaging. Buyer can collect or I am willing to meet if not to far away from Surrey.

I have included some pictures along with the Fender picture to help show the colour of the bass.

If anyone wants anymore picture or has any more questions then please ask.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='sticker' post='166240' date='Mar 30 2008, 10:11 AM']Is this a Mexican Fender or a CIJ one , and does it have a case/gigbag ?
Thanks[/quote]

No as the other poster has said, they are crafted in Japan and yes, it comes with a gig bag.