Why become a member? ×

Washburn Raven '78-81 - NOW SOLD

Feeler for now to see if I get a response. I bought this to have a 'matched pair' with my Washburn Scavenger bass, which I have now sold, and I don't really have any need for (yet) another 6 string guitar knocking about.

A Washburn Raven guitar, made in Japan, Matsumoku factory between 1978 and 1981. This was the 'entry level' model for the Wing Series that included the Hawk, Falcon, Eagle, what have you. It is in pretty good nick for it's age and plays nicely - no particular issues that I am aware of. Build quality is excellent, as you would expect for a Matsumoku instrument. The high end models had a through neck that, I am told, were a little wobbly - this is bolt on and stable as anything. It sounds immense - somewhere in between a Gibson Les Paul and an SG, with a leaning towards the Les Paul. I think these look cool as anything.

Here is a link to the Matsumoku info page on them, which tells you all the spec:
[url="http://www.matsumoku.org/models/washburn/wing/wing.html"]http://www.matsumoku.../wing/wing.html[/url]

Here are a couple of pics

[attachment=95039:raven1.jpg] [attachment=95040:raven2.jpg]

it would come with a hard case originally used for a Les Paul into which it fits nicely.

I will be looking for[s] £175 incl. the case,[/s] just [b]£135[/b] including a soft gig bag, collected from Benfleet in Essex or couriered at cost.

[attachment=95039:raven1.jpg] [attachment=95040:raven2.jpg]

Edited by Paul S

Thanks. Condition, given its age, isn't bad at all. A few knocks and lot of buckle rash but it is sound where it counts - these are superbly put together and I think for the money this is amazing. I was noodling about on it this afternoon and it just sounds ROCK. Not just generic overdriven humbucker - there is a rich creaminess behind there too when you roll off the tone a bit. When i first got it, had it set up and took it to band rehearsal, our guitarist had a go on it through his set up - unplugged his Les Paul Deluxe - and it held it's own! In his hands it played fantastically. Needs someone of that standard to own it, really. I know half a dozen licks and throw a few chords about for my own amusement but that's about it :)