Why become a member? ×

Pros + cons of swapping the 410 for a 15

MarkG3

[quote name='TraceElliotBass' timestamp='1323449535' post='1463595']
Thanks for the replies, I have sent Barefaced a question on their website so hopefully will get a reply. Since seeing the super twelve I can see me using that and fitting in nicely, but once I see something I like my brain goes, must have NOW! :) I would love to just have a room full of cabs that's the dream....
[/quote]

Give them a ring.. you can bash out ideas with them much better that way.. I know what you mean about the NOW factor.. I'm the same..

hmmm not to join this love-in for all things BF.

Not so long ago, the Compact was suggested to be all things to all men, and therefore to be run as a single cab solution.
Not many seem to stick with that as they now want Midgets on top. This suggests that a Compact 15 needs help cutting through
or the user needs something up near his head to hear it.
The number of people who say their dream rig is a Compact and a Midget..?????

I don't think many disenters post many comments so you may have to use search to find them on here.

If you think you want to go down this BF route, then get one on trial and go from there.

If it works for you, you'll probably keep it.

To be fair to Alex, he doesn't make the claims you mention, the hyperbole is user generated. That is presumably because they are good and people are happy with the product. If you choose not to join the love-in that's your choice but I don't see how you can criticise if you haven't (apparently?) tried one yourself.

i am also going through a change with my setup and pondered the thought of going down the 2 single 15 cabs also as i love the growly tone they pump out. I was close to getting 2 of the TE 1518C's as a straight swap for my v type combo and 1153 but unuckily it didnt pull off. shame...

I have also thought of getting a BF as they seem to be a very good small cab but i always worry about any small cab solution being too low down on stage and me not hearing much, probably why people are getting the midget and the compact to help this. My question really (trying not to de rail this thread) is...

Say i bought a S12 from BF, would stacking it on say a flight case to raise the cab be bad for the sound? as lots of bass cabs dont like being off the floor. Or have i just answered my own question?

Hopefully the answer might help Mr TraceElliotBass in his decision.

I have actually gone ahead and ordered a super 12, look for the just ordered thread in amps and cabs where I give a bit of info as to my thoughts on the cab as I got it yesterday, but in short, it beats the 410 and 15 put together, so I cant imagine what connecting another cab to it would sound like.......maybe the world will implode?

As for raising it off the floor I think as it is vertically its pumping out a lot of sound so shouldn't struggle in hearing it. Another option of course is to put another cab under/above it :D

I don't know about an S2 but my I can certainly hear my Compact better when it is off the ground. But it was the same when I just used the Trace Elliot 1x15 on it's own sometimes. At least the BF Compact is easier to lift onto something! If all else fails I stick it onto one of those aluminium tool cases that I tote my TC Classic 450 about in - it isn't much but it helps.

I was tempted by a Barefaced Super 12 Cab when I was taking in all the options, however in the end, I decided on a Bergantino NV610, bit bigger than what you were probably looking at, But does it sound Sweet!!!.....................
I must say However, Alex was fantastic in answering all my queries and was right on the button with my sound issues!!!!

Edited by malwilliams01