• advertisement_alt

Rickenbacker 4001 - made in 1972 *** PRICE DROP ***

Adee

Rickenbacker 4001

Serial Number LJ 1167 – denotes manufactured in October 1972
Original Fireglo finish has been stripped back to the natural mapleglo
Toaster neck pick up
Checkerboard binding
Refretted by Machinehead Music in Hitchin three years ago, and it’s had very little use since. When I bought it, the glossy finish on the fretboard was in a poor state, so I had the choice to take it off or to replace it completely. I’m not used to glossy fretboards so I had it removed

Flight case with an unusual black & red paintjob

Stereo functionality disabled – relevant parts are with the guitar, as is the pickup cover.

Natural wear over the guitar – one chip on the scratchplate, one on the rear of the headstock. Nothing that would affect structure, playability or tone at all.

Everything is straight, well intonated and reliable ... plays like a dream ... like butter : )

I presume the original owner took the fireglo finish off, as it wasn’t done by the previous owner.

Previous owner was Richard Searle of Doctor and the Medics and 90’s Acid Jazz band Corduroy, he took it round the world. I bought it from him in Feb 2003. Since then it’s been used for recording and only maybe half a dozen gigs.

Based in Northamtonshire - welcome to try anytime !

£1,450 - Sorry not interested in any trades ... AND NOW FOR THE PICTURES

Edited by Adee

[quote name='Adee' timestamp='1322875053' post='1457011']
Yes I believe there is, why do you ask ?
[/quote]

I got hold of a '72 4001 recently which had some routing under the pickguard. It's pretty common when something like Precision pick-ups were added. Depending on how it was done it could weaken things and may have led to the electrics being changed.

Nice to see period pick-ups in yours, they are expensive to replace.

[quote name='Godber' timestamp='1322921481' post='1457312']
The pickguard is intact, so I wouldn't expect many problems. Richard Searle is a nice player - love the Corduroy work. I found a snap of him and I think that he's playing this bass.
[/quote]

Yep, I really like his stuff too. Nice bass all-round.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...