Why become a member? ×

Can i fit a mighty mite neck into a squire VMJ fretless Body?

YouMa

[quote name='hairyhaw' timestamp='1322599969' post='1453441']
The neck pockets are a standard size across all Fender/Squire P's and J's so should be fine.

I've got a Mighty Mite fretless neck on a Squire Precision Special Body. Have to say it fitted better than the original neck did!
[/quote]
Beware though they are not all the same! Especially the VM series, made in Indonesia, You might have to do a little work on the body or the neck to get it to fit, I've been trying to replace the awful agathis body on my VMJ because the neck is a beaut, but definitely does not fit my American Standard Fender Jazz body, I tried and I don't want to start hacking away at that, nor does it fit another Squier CV Jazz body i got off eBay so I'm going to get a body made to fit the neck.

Do you just want to put a fretted neck on there? If so you might find a VM one that will fit perfectly, nice block inlays too. (I'm not selling mine!) :)

When I had a Mighty Mite fretless neck fitted to my Lakland Duck Dunn, the neck pocket was too small. It never even occurred to me to hack about with the pocket - I asked the luthier to shave the heel of the neck.

If you subsequently need to fit your fretted neck to another body, and it's too loose for the new pocket, it's easy enough to shim the unwanted space. Certainly far easier than repairing the pocket on the body of your current bass.