Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Trace Elliot V-Type 4808 Combo SOLD....

longtimefred

Righty Ho, i have been thinking of chopping this in for a few weeks as i have only recently acquired it but the setup is not really working out for me as i planned so im changing my setup yet again to find the right configuration of size and power.

This is the 4808 4x8 inch V-Type combo, these are quite a rare bird now and is truly a stonking bit of kit that Trace designed. 320 @ 4ohms / around 240 @ 8ohm proper trace watts running through their lovely v type pre amp based on the Fender Dual Showman pre amp. Its a great little size footprint cab and really packs a punch and has kept up with my needs and my band is rather loud! Only real down side to this unit is that it weighs 40 odd kg. So not lightweight in the slightest but neither is the sound! It has had a service 3 weeks ago as it had a dry solder joint somewhere on the pre amp board and that is all nicely fixed now. Also for any Trace buffs possibly looking, this does NOT have the rather disturbing Bi Polar Bear power stage that blew up. It was replaced with the updated Clive Button 320W Power Stage. This has all the original Celestion drivers and have been checked with a meter and they are all working in perfect condition.

Also i had the speaker cable connector modded to an inline jack socket so it can be used as a cabinet on its own without the amplifier. This can easily be changed back to the original right angle jack if needed.

All i ask is £250 for this mini beast of an amp!!

This one is how i ran it with my V4 as a cab

pickup really would benefit as its a little on the heavy side but can courier for just under £30 if needed.

Edited by longtimefred

[quote name='longtimefred' timestamp='1322503531' post='1451723']
all still ere folks. price ain't set in stone, make me an offer.
[/quote]
Mmm, A fellow mk2 V4 owner.Also had a V4 4x8 cab too.These are really punchy! V4 is the best amp I have owned. They are fantastic especially the 2nd channel and valve compressor,filthy,lol. Any chance you can pm me your serial number I am trying to work out when mine was built. I got it as 2nd one made but might be wrong.Is the V4 for sale? If so,need any more basses ?

[quote name='mikhay77' timestamp='1322506933' post='1451823']

Mmm, A fellow mk2 V4 owner.Also had a V4 4x8 cab too.These are really punchy! V4 is the best amp I have owned. They are fantastic especially the 2nd channel and valve compressor,filthy,lol. Any chance you can pm me your serial number I am trying to work out when mine was built. I got it as 2nd one made but might be wrong.Is the V4 for sale? If so,need any more basses ?
[/quote]

they are amazing ain't they. I had mine serviced and re valved not so long ago so it just sounds AMAZING! I have been tempted to sell but seeing how much notice its had has made me think again. I have not been using it as I have been using the 4808 instead. at the moment I just want 1 or 2 cabs that suit me so I can make proper use of it rather than it sit under the stairs not getting used. for people reading.....THATS HOW GOOD THE 4808 IS :)

sure I will pm you the serial, my mate has pinched the amp at the moment so shall ask him for it.

can see how much a courier would charge if you want mate?

The guy i bought it off tried it with a 4808 cab and it sounded as tight as a nuns chuff apparently. gotta be good! lol

EDIT...Just seen that TNT will courier it for just under £30 if interested

Edited by longtimefred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...