Why become a member? ×

Squier cv Jazz bass

thebigyin

Hi,

Just purchased a squier cv jazz bass has anybody got any views?? I'm just getting back into playing after a long layoff....Feels nice to play and i'm very pleased with it.....havn't got a proper amp even just practising thro' a 10w guitar amp so not even getting an accurate sound....hopefully purchase an amp in new year.....anyone who's got a cv jazz would like to know your thoughts on them ect.
many thanks bob.

[quote name='thebigyin' timestamp='1322309938' post='1449162']
sorry guyz new to this.....what thread??
[/quote]
Not sure what you mean by 'what thread?' but this thread would commonly go in 'Bass Guitars' forum rather than 'Bass Reviews' forum, not that it really matters except that you'll get many more responses in 'Bass Guitars'.

The link I posted above is to a CV Jazz review and lots of other comments.

Just go in to the bass guitar forum and type Squier in to the search box. Loads of posts about them.
For what it's worth I love my CV's. Having owned higher end basses in the past I now realise the cheap basses play every bit as well as those costing two or three times the cost.
They aren't perfect, and the colour options are way too limited but for the price I think they rival the American standards.
One thing to note is that they have vintage style frets. These are a bit lower than the usual medium jumbo frets and I love them. You won't find these on most of the cheaper end Fenders so it's something else to consider over the MIM.

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1322315564' post='1449277']
Just go in to the bass guitar forum and type Squier in to the search box. Loads of posts about them.
For what it's worth I love my CV's. Having owned higher end basses in the past I now realise the cheap basses play every bit as well as those costing two or three times the cost.
They aren't perfect, and the colour options are way too limited but for the price I think they rival the American standards.
One thing to note is that they have vintage style frets. These are a bit lower than the usual medium jumbo frets and I love them. You won't find these on most of the cheaper end Fenders so it's something else to consider over the MIM.
[/quote]
I like those vintage frets.

Thanks guyz for the imput.....i love the vintage frets....the neck ect.....i used to own an old columbus precision before i packed up...[a jap 'mid 70's] in a natural finish wish i still had it.....and before that an encore precision [red] so as you can see never owned a high end bass....but gigged the columbus and encore on many occasions nothing serious just local pub covers bands....did the job....thro' a very old carlsbro' 90w combo....[wish i still had].....i like simplicity...lol.
My style is a bit old school i like that vintage 60s/70s sound....don't get me wrong love some these modern players but im out of my depth.....i hear some players and wouldn't know were to start.....but happy and just love the bass.....come to think of it wish i still had the encore had a great bottom end that cut well.