Why become a member? ×

Help a noob out?

Hotel352nd

Hello all

Im pretty new to this site, so ill start by saying what a great site it is

Mkay well im 16 just dropped out of college beause i was doing the wrong courses and am now going to be working..

And i have had my first bass that cost 100 pound now im looking for my second more expensive setup

I was thinking a mexican made p bass, so i was wondering how much i would be looking at for second hand one on this site..

Also wondering if you could recomend a good amp (head and cab not combo) that is good but for say £300-£500 ?

Okay any help here would be very much appreciated

Purchasing second hand is definitely your best option in that budget range.

Can you drive? If something pops up that you really like then if possible you should try it out before buying it.

I love my MIM P bass it's an absolute beast but it might not be for you.

MIM P-Basses are good, definately worth checking out, as are, if you like Precisions, the Squier Classic Vibe (CV) range. £300ish for the MIM, £200ish for the Squier.

For £300, you should be able to get an amp/head combination on here. At that price, it is likely to be some of the heavier gear, as the lightweight gear is more expensive, but it should still be good quality, which is the important thing.

I`d look out for Peavey, Ashdown, Hartke, Trace Elliot - on here there are always bargains going.