Why become a member? ×

Time Capsule: '84 Ibanez Musician MC924PW. SOLD

jsixties

A classic bass that you don't see every day: Ibanez Musician MC924 in Polar White finish from 1984 in awesome near mint condition.
No dings, scratches, freatwear, no nothing. Only thing I can find is a couple of very slight swirl marks in the back, only noticeable with reflected light.
Easily 9,9 over 10. Polar White Musicians are hard to find but in this conditions almost a miracle. Not an average Musician at all.
It sounds immense currently set-up with a ridiculous low action with Thomastick JF-344 flats.

Comes with a spare set of Dunlop Dual straplocks and a brand new Sadowsky style hardcase.

Edited by jsixties

I had an MC924 walnut fretless in 1980, and it was heavy, but the build quality and finish was phenomenal. At the time they were being endorsed by Sting, Coiln Moulding of XTC and a few others. I suppose a grand for this example might seem a little expensive, but what would you pay for a bass of similar quality today? And it is [i]very[/i] pretty... :)

[quote name='jsixties' timestamp='1322327816' post='1449507']
Thank you mate, I forget to say that this bass is not heavy at all, less than 8 pounds for sure.
[/quote]

Less than 8 pounds - I'll take it - that's a bargain. That's 8 GBP then ? :) :) :)
My memory was that they were pretty heavy but then again i was only 9.5 stone in them days. Everything was heavy then. :o

Cheers
Dave

Edited by dmccombe7

[quote name='jsixties' timestamp='1322923169' post='1457337']
Thank you mate.
I'm going to let this bass available only for a few days, so it's now or never (my love won't wait) :)
[/quote]

...better known in this country as "Just one Cornetto"... :) I have an old 1980 Ibanez Roadster that was a forerunner of this design - not as pretty as the Musician, tho! Best of luck with the sale.

[quote name='jsixties' timestamp='1323134792' post='1459779']
Just one Cornetto? :)
[/quote]

Sorry - obscure British TV advert reference. The melody from 'It's Now Or Never' was used on an advert for an ice cream called Cornetto with the words 'Just one Cornetto, give it to me, delicious ice cream, from Italy...' You probably have to be over 40 to remember it too... :)