Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz. Old(ish). Sonic blue.

jay-syncro

I bought the bass a few years ago from a session player who was clearing out his Fender collection. He had a number of original early 60's guitars and basses (that were out of my price range at the time), and this bass that was constructed from parts he had accumulated over the years. The only bits I can confirm are early 60's Fender are the tuners the bridge and the neckplate. The neck has clay dots and some fairly substantial wear, but the lack of a date stamp means that it's age is unknown. The body has been refinished in Sonic blue at some point, and has endured a fair amount of wear. It also has no signs of a date stamp for obvious reasons. The control plate is modern and contains CTS pots and a switch craft jack. The pickups are of unknown origin but are also well worn.

This bass really needs to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated. It's not an immaculate original instrument, but it is a great player with a serious amount of character. For anyone looking for a Jazz that is a bit different, come and check it out.

Weight 9 - 9.5 lbs.

I'm after £600 with a new Hiscox flight case, but I may consider trades.

Edited by jay-syncro

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks chaps, I'll be sorry to see it go but you know how it is.

I've received several PM's from four different countries since Friday, I think I've replied to them all but bare with me if not. I'll aim to get some more pictures up asap for those that are interested.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1324071016' post='1470673']
I have to say that it's the only Jazz Bass I'd consider buying (if I had any money that is). It's quite a special instrument and well worth the cash Jay's asking
[/quote]

Cheers for that Chris, if only you'd see light, eh? I'm about on Friday if you want me to swing by with your DB pickup?

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1324236451' post='1472174']
friday night would be great Jay, are you guys gigging in town? Please don't bring the Jazz as I really can't afford it :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Not gigging mate, just on the beers. I'll give you a bell at some point on Friday.

• 3 weeks later...