Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Gallien Krueger MB500 Class D head

Bottle

[b]Sold:[/b] Gallien-Krueger MB500 Class D lightweight head, in good condition (some wear and tear, to be expected after two-and-a-half years, -10dB pad button can sometimes stick, so leave it in or out), original box and manual, footswitch + cable.

Specs are [url="http://www.gallien-krueger.com/products_mb.html"]here[/url]

M
Also chucking in my Speakon cable for free, 0.5m 4mm[sup]2[/sup] - Has NL2 connector one end, NL4 t'other end, wired 1+/-

Edited by Bottle

• 1 month later...

[quote name='jackers' timestamp='1325520074' post='1483894']
hey, i don't suppose you would know how this compares to an ashdown mibass do you? :)
[/quote]
Afraid not my friend, I haven't had any experience with any Ashdown products so wouldn't be able to offer a direct comparision. There's not a lot of clips on YouTube with the GK head either, but I can tell you it worked very well with the EBS cabs I had - bags of power on tap into 4-Ohms, and no hint of farting out, even when pushed.

Keeps clean well, and the second (footwitchable) channel can do 'drive' or 'boost' really well

HTH,
Ian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='wally8' timestamp='1334648698' post='1618958']
Hi, im based in cambridge and might be interested. Being a bit thick, are there any 1/4 speaker connectors on the back or are they just speakon?

Cheers
[/quote]
Hi Wally

Yep you can use 1/4" connections with the output sockets - they are combo Speakon and 1/4" connectors (it's the rather fuzzy connections on the right-hand side of the unit when viewed from the back)

HTH,
Ian

PS bumpage

[quote name='Matte_black' timestamp='1335896297' post='1637732']
Is it one of the USA made or it's made in PRC? Just curious. :)
[/quote]
It's one of the earlier models - it has a stamp on the lid, which indicates it was designed and assembled in the USA

HTH,
Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...