Why become a member? ×

yamaha BB1500a sell or trade, price drop!!!

adledman

here we have a lovely and pretty rare yamaha BB1500a. i suppose you would class it as a super jazz. plays like a dream and has a very wide tonal palette from the active electrics. there are extra midrange tailoring pots in the rear electrics cavity. all in all a very good professional bass for a not too hefty price tag. its in very good condition with no dings and comes with a good quality moulded hard case. cheekily using original sales advert photos as its in the same condition. £375 including postage to your door. trades welcome. try me. cheers all. ad

WILL TAKE £325 POSTED. BARGAIN!

Body: Solid Alder Body
Neck: 34" Scale Bolt-on Maple Neck with 21 Frets
Pickups: 2 Stacked Alnico Single Coil Pickups

Edited by adledman

This was mine until recently. Excellent quality bass, sounds like a much more expensive one! Only traded with Ad because I was after another older BB that did passive. Lovely active tones from this though!

Adam is a top bloke to deal with too.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='adledman' timestamp='1321659142' post='1441841']come on peeps this is a real gem!![/quote]
Agreed. But not enough people are aware of the model. As you'd expect from Yamaha, well built, and with the same specification circuit as fitted to some series one TRB models, the 1500A often goes un-noticed. And if people see a similarity between it and the BBN series, that's no coincidence, although the 1500A benefits from a super fast and narrow "Jazz" neck.

I used to work in a shop in Belgium where they had some amazing basses (Ken Smith, Wal, Alembic, etc..).
Funny thing but every time I needed a bass to demonstrate an amp or some pedal I used the Yamaha 1500 which was for sale in that shop.. I thought it was an amazing bass for that price and the slap was just gorgeous (full and rich like the Miller-sound). Also the bridge pick-up was punchy and sounded tight.
When I stopped working in that shop I even bought it...
I changed my gear over the years...not because the 1500 was bad but I wanted something else.
It's really tempting to purchase another one but I'm trying to cut down and go back to playing instead of buying..
Still, these are amazing basses...

My pleasure.. the presets are very handy. Sometimes you have basses which create sounds through presets which I'm sure not too many bass-players will need but the Yamaha was very focussed on useful sounds in any situation.
Perhaps a bit off topic but my experience (after having played and owned a lot of basses) is that certain "cheap" basses can easily compete with expensive boutique-basses (it's all between the ears).
The Yamaha 1500 is in the same league for me as the Ibanez Musician, also a timeless bass which is still relevant.

Have a bump on me

I have one of these , and it always puts a smile on my face !

Not that well known but have never seen a bad review of one, probably a bit of bass snobbery because it says Yamaha instead of Fender , but come on people these are great basses , and punch way above there weight and you get a lot more for your money , trust me anyone buying this will be a very happy person ! :)

• 2 months later...