Why become a member? ×

New toys, new problems :-)

JohnFitzgerald

New toys for the PA amp rack.

Behringer Multicom and Multigate.

After hearing some mates last week, who were good before I go any further, I figured out that the drums just weren't sounding quite as tight and punchy as you would have wanted.

So, snagged the above for the amp rack.

Probably need to get a new rack though, as I don't much fancy patching them in every night.
Fancy a combi rack / mixer case so the processors, amps and mixer all gets to stay together.

More pics as I put it all together.
Not that I imagine there'll be many as sad as me who like this sort of rubbish. :)

I am that sad :) These are very useful for a rock-type sound. Before the Behringer bashers jump in I have always found their comps did a decent job live, especially for drums and compared to other budget makes.
In terms of tight punch though, they still don't substitute for a drummer who really knows how to tune his kit! I've met lots of drummers who seem to know how to tune a kit but a select few are able/willing to tune almost any kit until it sounds killer. Then the gates become more useful but the comps are almost redundant.