Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Fender Jazz Aeordyne CIJ with SD J pup - For Sale £380 or PT with Barefaced Cab

algmusic

Just bought another bass and as much as I would like to keep this one as well, I need the funds buy a barefaced cab (Midget/Compact/super twelve)..

Photos can be found [url="https://plus.google.com/photos/101975245148908434506/albums/5674830043472874241"]here[/url]

It's a Japanese CIJ bass and sounds great.. It has a nice thin playable neck like the jazzes do and also is very lightweight..

The P-J pup gives you a great variation of sound and I've have upgraded the J pup to a Seymour Duncan Quater Pound for extra umph, which was done by the bass gallery. I like to call this the unicorn.

The bass currently has Tru Bass strings (thick flats) which give it a warmer sound acoustic sound. If you put normal strings, you get a bright punchy sound. I'll also throw in the original J pup..

Serial number Q00.... which makes it 2002-04.

I would consider a part-trade with a barefaced cab and or my Orange SP210 which is also in excellent condition and comes with a roqsolid cover

I have a hardcase now, so add £20 for the case, plus P&P.

I live in Lee, near blackheath/greenwich. I work in central london and can meet either there or at a major station, if it helps. I also play hockey in Kent, so might be tempted to meet halfway etc.

Any questions, ask..

Edited by algmusic

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1321028995' post='1434607']
Why upgrade the J and not the P?
[/quote]

I really liked the sound of both pups but felt the J was lacking a bit of umph over the P when I used it on it's own.. I searched around on BC and found a few people had this problem, so I tried the SD pup and it worked a treat.. There's a misconception about changing both pups.. it really depends what you want

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope you had a good christmas BC'ers

All PM's replied, still available to those who can collect from Lee (nr blackheath/greenwich), central london or stations in london. Maybe able to meet to help with your travels with me doing a small bit of driving.

BUMP

• 1 month later...

[quote name='algmusic' timestamp='1321029280' post='1434615']
I really liked the sound of both pups but felt the J was lacking a bit of umph over the P when I used it on it's own.. I searched around on BC and found a few people had this problem, so I tried the SD pup and it worked a treat.. There's a misconception about changing both pups.. it really depends what you want
[/quote]

I like this answer :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' timestamp='1329041761' post='1536256']
Can't. Believe your selling this buddy. I know how much you loved it.

The one I had also had the bridge pup swapped out and seems to be a common upgrade on these.

All the very best with the sale and at 500 buck this won't be here for long
[/quote]

Cheers :)

• 2 weeks later...