Why become a member? ×

***SOLD***Fender Jazz with Geddy Lee neck - really cool bass***SOLD***

bassybill

Time to see if this one can find a good home as it doesn't get much use these days (from this graphite neck bass addict).

I'm selling a rather nice Fender Jazz here. It's an MIM body with a Geddy Lee neck and it's fitted with EMG Js and a Badass II bridge. The tuners on the Geddy neck were swapped for the better quality Fender ones before I got it. Currently has a b/w/b scratchplate, I also have a w/b/w one in the same pattern that I'll throw in to give you the choice. Hell, I'll even throw in a set of standard MIM Jazz pickups for passive SC fans. The bass has Schaller strap lock buttons and Rotosound Swing Bass roundwounds 45-105.

As it currently is, the bass is very much a "Jazz on steroids" type thing, very modern sounding and a total slap monster. Definitely not what I would call "vintage". And you won't see many like this one, of course. The condition of the instrument is superb. The action is set nice and low and the bass is really playable.

Price is tricky. A new Geddy is now getting close to £900 and a new MIM is about half that. EMG J's are £130ish these days and Badass bridges are becoming a very expensive rarity. So, I'm going to ask for [u][b]£450 ono[/b][/u] for this one, as I think I could easily get that if I parted it out. But that would be a shame, in my opinion, because it's pretty nice just as it is. I don't really know what the market will make of that price, but I do know that it's one hell of a bass for the money. Local collection or meet up would be ideal and give you a chance to check it out (I'm in Wolverhampton).

Edited by bassybill

Well, I'm not withdrawing this from sale just yet, even though I've pretty much decided that it might be an idea to keep it as is for now, at least. To be honest, the way the market is at the moment, I'm really considering holding on to the bass for a while, unless I get some offers that I just couldn't turn down, either for the bass itself or for the parts. So, I'm leaving this open just in case anyone does turn up with a killer offer.

I've had some interest for the neck, body and bridge, but not been tempted enough by any of the offers for me to pull it to pieces, as I'm still thinking that would be a bit of a shame. But thanks for the interest, anyway.

• 11 months later...

Okay - I'm bumping this because 12 months after the original post, it's still not getting the use it should. I'd like to shift it to help fund some upcoming gear purchases, but I'm really reluctant to part it out, although I could probably get more for the parts than what I'm asking for the bass now that I've dropped it to [b]£450 ono.[/b]

Edited by bassybill

That's a stunner! In many ways this IS a Geddy Lee Jazz, as the body is such a small part of the overall spec IMO. I have EMGs in mine and they really sound excellent - none of that "sterile" rubbish that people refer to!

Great price too - good luck! :)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just out of interest does it have any tooling holes underneath the pickguard and where is the battery kept? It is one of the better bitsas I've seen to be honest, very nice[/font][/color] B)

Edited by jimbobothy

• 2 weeks later...

This bass is still available. I did have an offer for it that I had accepted, but the buyer seems to have changed his mind - hard to be sure as he hasn't responded to messages left by me via voicemail or text.

Is anyone interested in making an offer for any of the parts? I'll have a think about ballpark prices.