Why become a member? ×

iPhone - ampkit - play along to iTunes library

tonyclaret

Hi peeps,

I have the peavy ampkit interface and am using the amplitube free app. All in all it's pretty good, however if I just want to jam along to a random track I have to import it from
iTunes. Annoying, yes if I had to slow down the track or loop a certain part I can understand this to be all part of the functionality process. But the ability just to jam along to any track without having to import them would be heaven. I have seen a number of forums stating conflicting conclusions on the full paid version, some saying in the full version You can do Exactely this play along to any in the iTunes library without having to import and the others saying the opposite! Gr... Understand there are other apps like ishred that allow you to this. Anyone know for sure? I'm I missing a trick?

Thanks Tony

Nope, the full paid version works exactly the same way and yes, its a pain sometimes. I have one or two tracks that crash the app if i try and load them in.

You could try the Gllien Kruegar app. They do a free and paid version as well, but this lets you play along to any track you have on the device without having to convert it first.

We had a longish thread on the Amplitube app when it was first announced and the reason you have to convert/import the tracks was to help keep the latency down by upping the freq of the tracks first.
This sounded reasonable until the GK amp came out and showed you can still get low latency without doing this.

Edited by dave_bass5