Why become a member? ×

Gone.Billy Sheehan Attitude Ltd (1) orig series signature model.

karlfer

Nov 1990 Yamaha Attitude Ltd, version 1. Only 150 blue, 150 red made for sale. This is a Thunder Blue one, with the pinkish fretboard markers, twin jack socket, scalloped 5 top frets, hipshot extender, DiMarzio's.
Took me years to track one down, it never came up for sale.
Had it 5 weeks, and despite the neck profile being shallow, the bass is based on Billy's 60's P and has a nut width of 44.5 mm, SO PLEASE be aware of that.
This is really a feeler, as I know sadly I won't be gigging it.
Excellent condition with one chip out of the paintwork, on the back, where the body meets the neck (it's 8mm x3mm).
Couple of dinks in the headstock, few negligible scuffs in paintwork. I will take some photo's of this bass if any interest, but I only have a mobile phone.
Comes with original (battered) case and handbook.
I paid £500 plus an IMMACULATE Duck Dunn for this.
Looking for £900, collected, you can insure/send your own courier if you wish.
Sorry if this seems half hearted, my head says sell, my heart says keep.
Hopefully attached is a video of Billy playing one of the 2 original prototypes of this bass. It is exactly the same apart from the stickers. Sorry, show off bass solo alert (whaddya mean jealous)
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5omFFeLEXFE&feature=player_embedded[/media]

Any questions fire away.
Cheers,
Karl.

Some posts/photos deleted to save Basschat space :) , 26/11/11

Edited by karlfer

I used to own one of these first Attitudes, also in Thunder Blue. It was my main gigging bass from 2001 to 2007. I used it much more than I thought I would because I could get so many different sounds out of it and the neck, despite its width, felt so comfortable and easy to play. These are great basses! Have a bump.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1320356864' post='1425921']
GAK have the current model (Attitude Ltd 111) in at £2369.

Forgot to mention, these are BY FAR the most powerful pick ups I have ever used.
[/quote]

Not sure why you're telling us this, as you have a LTD 1, GAK also have the LTD II for £1599 which is much closer to your model

I had one of these MK I's brand new in 1992 £1200, didn't keep it long, had a bad one, once I sorted it, it was terrific though

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1320385916' post='1426131']

Telling you this because I was under the impression that if you wanted a NEW Attitude, that is what you would have to pay. Didn't realise some of the old, discontinued, possibly demo models were still available.
Regarding the Attitude 11, there are a LOT more of those made as they ran (according to Yamaha) from 1993 to 2010, so they are NOTHING like as rare as the Attitude 1, only 150 blue and 150 red ever being made (apart from Billy's 2 prototypes).
Karl.
[/quote]

I wouldn't put too much trust in Yamaha's word about the 150 of each thing, I phoned them in 1992 after seeing photo's of the factory and crates of thousands of necks,many were LTD necks, I asked them "Just how Limited is this bass", to which the reply was "Limited to how many we can sell" :) :)

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1320401037' post='1426266']

I wouldn't put too much trust in Yamaha's word about the 150 of each thing, I phoned them in 1992 after seeing photo's of the factory and crates of thousands of necks,many were LTD necks, I asked them "Just how Limited is this bass", to which the reply was "Limited to how many we can sell" :) :)
[/quote]

I called Yamaha a few years ago in order to source one and I did ask them about the 150 + 150. They said to me that this was per country not overall. Nevertheless, these are fantastic instruments and given the price of the new mk3 £2499, I believe £1000 a great price for an instrument of this quality. Also if we were discussing the price of a 20 year old Fender Jazz we wouldn't even quibble about the hefty price mark.

[quote name='andy67' timestamp='1320418279' post='1426668']

I called Yamaha a few years ago in order to source one and I did ask them about the 150 + 150. They said to me that this was per country not overall. Nevertheless, these are fantastic instruments and given the price of the new mk3 £2499, I believe £1000 a great price for an instrument of this quality. Also if we were discussing the price of a 20 year old Fender Jazz we wouldn't even quibble about the hefty price mark.
[/quote]

Agreed, I didn't call into question the amount the seller wanted for the bass, merely that you shouldn't compare a MK3 price to a MKI bass, bit like comparing the price of a MK4 Cortina to a Focus :) :)

[quote name='Lorne' timestamp='1320419725' post='1426692']

Agreed, I didn't call into question the amount the seller wanted for the bass, merely that you shouldn't compare a MK3 price to a MKI bass, bit like comparing the price of a MK4 Cortina to a Focus :) :)
[/quote]

I'd rather have a cortina :) :o

Have you joined the Facebook group yet? Might be a good idea to post there. Also, sorry if you think I was calling your honesty into question, that was not my intention because you were right re the 150 + 150 it just wasn't as clear cut as Yamaha stated in their glossy brochures! So tis Yamaha's fault!

a.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/294500090592/

aw man... sorry you didn't get on with the bass, especially after coming all this way to get it etc!! (i'm loving the Lakland tho!!)

anyways.. as the one who recently sold this to the seller I would 100% vouch for honesty/integrity and also for the quality of the bass - good luck with the sale.

C

If you can point out where, exactly I called you dishonest, I will apologise unreservedly

All I did was point out the 150 per colour thing was misleading by what I saw and what Yamaha said directly to me, when I bought one of these brand new in 1992 and also to call into question why you posted the price of a MK3 against your MKI

NEVER did I say you were dishonest, this is the internet, you need to read it twice :)

Lorne, your humour is your taste, not mine. Your intimation is that you are right and I am wrong. The word misleading is not one I am happy with.
Kindly do not post any more on this thread.
I asked Yamaha UK for information. I used the information they gave me on this thread.
I have stated why I quoted a Mk 111.

Once again, READ MY FEEDBACK.

Edited by karlfer

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Robert Price' timestamp='1326397613' post='1496798']
Hi there

I was the original owner of this very bass & I'd to keep track of where it goes in the hope of being able to buy it back one day? Did you buy this from Karl?
[/quote]

Hiya, have a look on the Attitude group on Facebook, ColBassface got it, he's a member there and I've bumped his last post up to near yours,
all the best,
Karl.