An eclectic mix?
A concise collection?
WTF?
All the gear and no idea?
A delectable hareem?
So when you going to buy a real one?
How much for your women?
Nice rug?
So when you going to learn how to play them?

All in order as per signature below.

A

Edited by apa

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1319996510' post='1421037']
I was down in Glasto' last Thursday. It rained all day and I saw nothing half as beautiful as that.
[/quote]

You should have popped in for a cuppa after your trudge up the Tor :) Everyone is dressed up for Halloween at the moment. In other words exactly the same as every other day :)

A

[quote name='apa' timestamp='1319996965' post='1421047']

You should have popped in for a cuppa after your trudge up the Tor :) Everyone is dressed up for Halloween at the moment. In other words exactly the same as every other day :)

A
[/quote]

Cheers for that. Likewise if you're ever up my way (Derby). The drive back up the M5 was horrendous. Luckily we'd got the new Tom Waits 'Bad as Me' to listen to.

[quote name='CBbass' timestamp='1320068508' post='1421805']
That fretless stingray looks amazing!
[/quote]

This one? (Pre black hardwear) :)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/132409-rosie/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/132409-rosie/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

and thanks, Im feelin the love

A

• 4 months later...

Ha! So people actually read those sigs!! Frankly I have no idea what it is. I was given it in bits by a work mate who was in a band about erm 20 years ago. He'd recorded in Simon Guthries (Cocteau Twins) studio. Funny how a pop group could be made to sound like an 80's synth band but I digress.
All I had was a defretted neck, 4 odd machineheads and a bridge. Made the rest myself and refretted it. Scratch made plate and a very cheap pickup. Then went to town with 3 or 4 rattle cans. Bearing in mind I dont think Id even picked up a guitar before. Saw a Precision and desided thats probably what it was. Its a short scale with standard strings cut to length. Hey I was young and nieve ;)
Its tucked under the bed now and 'doesnt count'. Its never had a string change in all those 20 years and actually makes quit a nice thuddy dead sound and considering all the above its quit a rich one too. Looking at it with more educated eyes it seems to have a bit of everything in it. Ray head, P body with a bit of J offset at the bottom and SG horns. And its got a zero fret with one long string retainer across all the strings. For some reason I have a feeling it may have been a Kay but if anyone recognises it it would be nice. Theres not alot to go on since the plate is my own design.

Why wanna buy it? Its a one of a kind ;)

A

Edited by apa

• 6 months later...