Why become a member? ×

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD a long time ago

LukeFRC

[size=5][color=#b22222]Photos [url="http://photobucket.com/peaveyt40"]http://photobucket.com/peaveyt40[/url] [/color][/size]

I got this a month or two back. Did it up, initially hated it thought I would sell it, and then played it live and it's brilliant and very fun to play- so decided to keep it.
Still wouldn't mind keeping it but situations change, and in the last 3 months the amount of work my masters course means i have hardly touched a bass- so I don't need as many as I have. The other two are fantastic and I've had years now- this I'm less attached to so here we go. Plus the money can go towards ring fund for a young lady :D :)

1980 Peavey T40 in it's case with a truss rod tool I made myself :D it's not in perfect condition- I've outlined the negatives in the next post but a bloody good bass for the money.

How much? £300 sound reasonable? SOLD PENDING

Trades you say? Really I would like the money but trade not impossible as I also like basses.. I have a P bass, so don't need another- any other bass sounds good. I like old ones that have been played a bit- otherwise try me. Not a massive fan of pointy bodies mind :)
Wood necked Status? Shark or groove? Jazz bass of some type? A project? Cheap tat and a bit of money?
A Nordstrand NPJ4SV pickup set would be nice to fit on the warwick Edited by LukeFRC

Bump for Photos..... and condition report...
the bad things.... new switches.
warped pickguard (i like it like that though)
no major bumps but the whole body has been well used.
neck has the odd bump or two, not that you notice when playing, it feels like the edges have been rolled too- i guess this is just from playing, there is also a odd stain along the top side of the edge of the fingerboard, you can see a faint dark brown line on the photos- no idea what that is, it doesn't seem to affect the bass though.
one of the screws on the g saddle on the bridge seems to be threaded in the head. I didn't find it a problem as with the peavey t40 instructions they want you to use the bridge to change the saddles to match the radius of the fretboard and the micro tilt to affect the action. you may wish to replace this grub screw.

the good things-
hard case included
truss rod works fine- i even made my own truss rod tool that ill include.
new strings
plays fine and lovely
it's a t40- it's built like a tank.

[quote name='IainRoberts' timestamp='1320184944' post='1423618']Ah, this brings back memories, I do miss the old T40. Had a lot of fun, and I may well get one again in the future. Good luck with the sale/trade, I have a Jap Jazz with a deep wine red wood stain that I chucked a Dimarzio Humbucker in...It's become my little work horse :)[/quote]
thanks! :)

So I went and played this live, and it was a lot of fun... so much so that it's not up for sale no more.
I'm currently doing a masters so money is tight and this bass is a luxury, so if you're reading this having searched for a t40 to buy cos that's what you really want feel free to send me a PM, the worst i will say is no!

[quote name='FlatEric' timestamp='1320222049' post='1423815']
Ha! It's got you, hasn't it???

Don't know what you are running but when it comes to a change, try
Rotosound RB40 or RB45 or Picato 735 LHY or the next size up.
Think you'll like what you hear.

:)
[/quote]

only just saw this. I took your advice... kinda, and went for the cheap legacy strings, which are unbranded rotosounds apparently. it has got me, it's just fun to play. I don't need 3 basses, but I would be hard pressed to sell this one

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='allighatt0r' timestamp='1322914679' post='1457215']
I'll second this. T40s are proper pukka bits of kit. It's a US made super bass! Come on people!
[/quote]

thanks! Daft low price for something that will last another 30 years.

If anyone does have a decent PJ set, pref split J, and a preamp- decent, I'ld be interested.

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1323041040' post='1458688']
Nice. Whats the full spec on it? Woods? Active or passive?
[/quote]
Ash body, maple neck....
passive, with single and humbuckers on each pup.....
[url="http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80370017.pdf"]http://www.peavey.co...ls/80370017.pdf[/url] thats the manual.... there is a T40 thread in the bass bit, at least two forums dedicated to just the T40... built like a tank.... if you read the reviews online the only downside is it's not the lightest of basses, but I've played it live for 2-3 hours no break no problem.

[quote name='MarkusWarwick' timestamp='1323041040' post='1458688']
Nice. Whats the full spec on it? Woods? Active or passive?
[/quote]

Markus....! well you added me as a friend, which was nice, and also blocked me sending you any PM's!