Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Question for TC Electronic RH450 owners

Paul S

I have the classic 450 and I love the sound of it. But I was wondering about the presets on the RH450. What can you alter and save - just the EQ settings or other stuff like the tubetone, gain, overall volume and compression?

Ta!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1319396096' post='1413665']
I believe the presets save everything except the master volume.
[/quote]

Correct ... or you could say that everything that has leds around the dial is saved - even whats behind the "shift" button

That's useful - thanks for the replies. So you could set it up with two presets for a song that has passages of quiet, with little overdrive, and loud with lots of overdrive (like, say, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day)?

I was thinking maybe the tubetone would do this - have it dialled in to, say, 2 for the quieter passages then much higher for the loud bits. There are a number of tracks that would be useful for if it would work - combined with a footswitch.

I have 2 presets, one with a bit of OD and lots of bass, and another which has no OD and dials back the bass a lot in place of mids & treble for acoustic numbers. Some people may be able to produce the tone difference with technique and fingers, but I can't!

Thanks for that - it is exactly what I was wondering might be possible.

I just need to make some decisions - I am going to do away with my multi-effect pedal which I use mainly for distortion and the tuner. I could keep the Classic 450 and use stomp boxes for these or change to an RH450 with a footswitch and have it all in one box.

ta.

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]OK, but if you make any changes to the controls the light on the preset button goes out. On a dark stage you might not be able to spot the right button. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#222222][font=Arial]It sounds like an RH450 with the foot control might do the job for you. You can change the presets and go to mute in order to tune up, without mucking about in darkness at the back of the stage.[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by chris_b

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1319438560' post='1413965']
So you could set it up with two presets for a song that has passages of quiet, with little overdrive, and loud with lots of overdrive (like, say, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Green Day)?
[/quote]

The simple answer: Yes!