Why become a member? ×

What are "Tags"

Nostromo

Hi,

Was just going to put a bass up in the for sale section . . . . . . .

Immediately under the "Topic Title" is a second box labelled "TopicTags" and a note saying Select a maximum of 10 tags ? ? ?

I guess I ought to be a bit higher up the food chain than total pond life considering the time I've been a member of Bass chat, but, for the life of me, I just cant work out what a “Tag” is supposed to be . . . and I also cant find out how I'm supposed to "select a tag" . . . . In my experience with computer stuff, when you're told to "select" things in computer programmes there's usually a drop down menu to select from . . well that’s my experience anyway? . . . maybe the word "select" is used differently here ? . . . anyway, bottom line is I don’t have the slightest idea how to select something to enter into the Tags field ? . . . or, if its just a case of typing something in myself, then what is a "Tag" ? ? . . . . . I don’t know what words I’m supposed to type in and/or why ? . . . are these Tags some sort of search function ? . . I’ve no idea ?

I await my enlightenment with interest ? ? ?

Cheers,

Edited by Nostromo

They're supposed to be kind of 'keywords' relating to what your topic is about. If you hover your mouse over tags in an existing topic title, you'll see an option to 'Find more content tagged with xxx'.

That way, if you're interested in Precisions, Kittens, or Dime Bars, you can click on the tag and find all topics that have been tagged with that keyword!

Type in whatever words you think may be relevant, each followed by a comma and you're done.
I've been having fun entering totally irrelevant tags for comedy purposes, such as 'family jewels' or 'Peebles', for example.
Probably down to the gaping emptiness at the core of my being. *Sigh*.