Why become a member? ×

Behringer

vicar

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1331514456' post='1574134']
Only piece of Behringer equipment I ever disliked was one of their bass cabs, mud city! Everything else of theirs has been well worth the money, and more, if you look after it :)
[/quote]

Another Behringer fan here. The only problem I have with their gear is that it "feels" flimsy. I/we use their mixers, pa cabs, fx pedals, bass amps, and microphones - nothing has broken in the last 10 or so years, although it always feels like its just about to. Unfortunately the problem with their copies of the Ashdown amps and cabs is that they [i]sound[/i] like Ashdown amps and cabs. :yarr:

• 2 weeks later...

[font="'comic sans ms"]Im probably going to get slated by the Behringer camp haha but this is [b][u]my opinion[/u][/b] of Behringer and what [b][u]I've experienced[/u][/b] as a player, when I've started playing I didn't go down the route of most of people who I knew, and who used Zoom Multi FX pedals Zoom 505/6 if I remember correctly, and purchased TU100, CS100, AB100, BOD100 BLE100 and BCH100 and to be honest used to use them a bit at practices, but never liked the sound to that degree, but they worked flawlessly, maybe it was just me at age of 15/16 and didn't know how to use them probably, recently though I went back to them as I'm only using Boss stuff from 80's like OC2, DM2, TW1, CS3 etc and to be honest the difference in sound is quite astounding, two choruses compared Boss is just better sounding by far ............. and i know why 7/8 years later Behringer pedals are still in the box.[/font]
[font="'comic sans ms"]Saying that the only thing that i wouldn't complain is the BR2000 tuner that sits on top of my SVT proudly and never failed me once, and it has been through all weathers haha.[/font]
[font="'comic sans ms"]But honestly they are good for what they are, and are far better than say multi effect stuff that is out there but as far as price goes ok you get one it breaks, then another one that can per say cost £50 but if i got a CE3 for £30 then makes you think and that is 24yr old this year ..... everyone has their own opinion :) [/font]

I think it's fair to say that Behringer are a budget company. if you treat their equipment as so then you are going to like & use their stuff.
If you expect more than they can deliver then you will always be disappointed.

I'm looking at their BSY600 synth pedal, it comes in at just under £40. I am only buying this as a budget pedal to mess about with, as I want to make some mad noises in my home & create some samples to turn into loops to play with later. It's a budget pedal & I don't want too much from it. so I guess it will suit me.

If i wanted the same pedal for a heavy gigging dub band I would expect it to fall apart in a few gig's.
so I guess it's what you expect from a budget product.

I was carefully studying their guarantee paperwork, it basically says you can only send it in if you have the original package and receipt - and that ANYTHING that can break through "normal use" and particularly the knobs and potis are exempt from any warranty. A lot of their stuff is not just made cheaply, but with a lot of fiddly knobs "wow, so many knobs fror so little money" style, so if anything goes wrong, you'll buy another one. This is also the reason why shops don't usually stock them, because customers come back and complain and there is no warranty. If you accept that risk, go for it - for cheap pedals, probably okay, but I would never rely on an amp or desk.

I only have the V-Amp Pro. I've had it for a couple of years now. I bought it just to mess about with the effects but I've actually found it useful and enjoy using it, especially with the PC MIDI software. I keep it backed up and I have a stock of the CR2032 internal batteries which appears to be it's biggest downfall, though I've not had to replace it yet.
In the next couple of weeks I shall be buying the Behringer 802 mixer to replace an old, knackered Realistic (Tandy) mixer. The 802 seems to do everything I want it to and it's dead cheap, gets good reviews too.

Edited by KingBollock

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' timestamp='1324119153' post='1470934']
After trying many many compressors I found that the Green BLE100 limiter is my perfect compressor - I even have a second spare one.
[/quote]

I too, have the[url="http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHBLE100"] BLE 100[/url] Limiter/Enhancer/Compressor. its a great bit of kit, dirt cheap as well.