Why become a member? ×

MTD Z5 Michael Tobias Design £700

igto

Hi all,
If Celinders and Music Man Sabres ( see my other posts ) are not your thing. how about a very sweet MTD Zephyr 5, in wonderful condition.
Less than a year old. It is a Kingston-Series Zephyr 5-string (Z5) bass guitar made by Michael Tobias Design . It is a beautiful instrument which sounds amazing, and has never been played live (it's in mint condition).
As with any MTD, this bass plays like a dream and provides ultimate control over dynamics and tone (which is the main reason I bought it). I have owned/played many different basses and this is easily the best for the money. One of its best features is the Buzz Feiten tuning system, which literally keeps the strings in tune for weeks.

Specifications:

-35" scale -24 medium jumbo frets -Zero fret 1 3/4" wide -MTD quick release bridge, 3/4" (19mm) -One-piece neck w/satin polyester finish -Carved mahogany body with maple burl top -Controls are volume, blend, treble, midrange, bass -MTD active wood covered soap bar pickups. -Shielded electronics compartment

Asking price for the bass and a new GatorShell case with keys is £700 .

Edited by igto

[quote name='igto' post='162396' date='Mar 23 2008, 09:21 PM']Nobody likes MTD 5 stringers ?[/quote]
I do; I just don't have room or the cash for one right now...

FWIW, I had two MTD Kingston 5s and they were great basses, seriously underrated. The Z5 is in another league altogether though, so this must be a pretty good bass! I've always liked the asymmetric neck profile on Tobias basses.. My Roscoe Beck V has the same feature and it really makes playing a 5 string a much more comfortable experience..

Anyway, here's a free BUMP and good luck with the sale!

Thank you silverfoxnik for your support - you pinpointed two of the MTD characteristics: they are not pretentious basses (yet they deliver above the call of duty), and as far as 5 stringers go the MTD neck just doesn't feel like a 5 stringer - they're comfortable.
Regards

• 2 months later...