Why become a member? ×

Another newbie

Maxcat

Hi Folks. Stumbled across your site looking for EUB reviews. Ive been playing bass in a variety of bands since my dad bought me a 6 string acoustic for my 13th birthday which I immediately took the top 2 strings off and found exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately Im now 45 so I guess I should be a lot better than I am. Love all sorts of music with a special place in my heart for Blues rock, soul and classic rock. Lapsed from playing live for about 6 years, but it is now time to bet back into it. Based in Reading Berks via Ayrshire Scotland. Looking forward to spending some time in the site picking your brains and feeling like a muso again. Once again Hi.

Welcome.

I've got to get the missus a top like the one in your avatar. I have a feeling she'd be the only one prepared to wear one at our gigs, and even that would hard to persuade... :)

She'd probably scribble it out and put "singer". Good looking b*st*rd!

Edited by Huge Hands

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='161250' date='Mar 21 2008, 02:06 AM']Welcome.

I've got to get the missus a top like the one in your avatar. I have a feeling she'd be the only one prepared to wear one at our gigs, and even that would hard to persuade... :)

She'd probably scribble it out and put "singer". Good looking b*st*rd![/quote]

Yeah but think of the fragile ego she would have to deal with. Chicks know

[quote name='Maxcat' post='161069' date='Mar 20 2008, 08:35 PM']Hi Folks. Stumbled across your site looking for EUB reviews. Ive been playing bass in a variety of bands since my dad bought me a 6 string acoustic for my 13th birthday which I immediately took the top 2 strings off and found exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately Im now 45 so I guess I should be a lot better than I am. Love all sorts of music with a special place in my heart for Blues rock, soul and classic rock. Lapsed from playing live for about 6 years, but it is now time to bet back into it. Based in Reading Berks via Ayrshire Scotland. Looking forward to spending some time in the site picking your brains and feeling like a muso again. Once again Hi.[/quote]
Hi-nice to have you on board! I've only been a member for a few days myself (site recommended by iamthewalrus, another Reading member), and already I'm discovering all sorts of things. I'm based just outside Reading, by the way, and my band plays quite often in the area. Get yourself in a band-when I did, I realised it was the best favour I could have done myself!
Like everyone else, I love the top in your photo! My wife is already asking where she can get one!

[quote name='alicedear' post='161529' date='Mar 21 2008, 06:32 PM']Hi-nice to have you on board! I've only been a member for a few days myself (site recommended by iamthewalrus, another Reading member), and already I'm discovering all sorts of things. I'm based just outside Reading, by the way, and my band plays quite often in the area. Get yourself in a band-when I did, I realised it was the best favour I could have done myself!
Like everyone else, I love the top in your photo! My wife is already asking where she can get one![/quote]

Cheers guy.Looks like I might have to go into the T shirt business. Looking for a band right now as a matter of fact. Little blues/modern guitar/classic rock/soul number thats gigging but not taking life too seriously. Need to get back into it like I need that second mojito. Thats a lot :) . Whats your band name and where can I catch them? Thanks for the welcome by the way. Right back atcha.

[quote name='Maxcat' post='161572' date='Mar 21 2008, 08:43 PM']Cheers guy.Looks like I might have to go into the T shirt business.[/quote]

i'm wondering how wrong it would be for me to get a t-shirt like that for myself!
although i do know a lot of other bass players so i might get away with it :)

hello and welcome, maxcat!

x

[quote name='mewsie' post='161769' date='Mar 22 2008, 12:32 PM']i'm wondering how wrong it would be for me to get a t-shirt like that for myself!
although i do know a lot of other bass players so i might get away with it :)

hello and welcome, maxcat!

x[/quote]

Nothing wrong with spreading the live Mewsie. Thanx for the welcome guys.

• 2 weeks later...