Why become a member? ×

Japanese Fender Precision - £price reduced!!! Again!!!

Waterboarder

Hi all - having a bit of a pre-moving house clearout. I cant justify having two p-basses so this fella needs to go...

Its a made in Japan P - (serial no. dates it between 1983-87) it has a lightweight and more rounded body than the the traditional shape, also with no pickguard. Wiring is in a cavity in the back.

It has matching body and headstock, but the body has been refinished. Its not the best job in the world and and is fairly chipped, scratched and loved (or 'roadworn' if you like)!

The neck/headstock is in much better condition than the body and I've played a fair few gigs with it and its been great.

Im after £225 including a strap and hardcase.

I'm not really into posting this, I'd much rather anyone come round and have a look and a play to make sure its totally what they're after - I'm in Plymouth, Devon.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...

Edited by Waterboarder

[quote name='Waterboarder' timestamp='1317904015' post='1395970']
I'm not sure! It was on there when I got it but it does look like some sort of upgrade similar to the 'Badass' types.
You can move the saddles along a dovetail type arrangement.
[/quote]

looks like a wilkinson bridge to me - i had one on my jazz bass for ages...very underrated imho

I do like the look of this scruffy old thing. You say lightweight - are you able to weigh it accurately at all? Or even a ball park figure - between 8-9lbs or below 8lbs or whatever. Also how wide is the neck at the nut?

Thanks.

Thanks for that. Weight sounds about right but the neck is a bit fat for my preference. I can't understand why this hasn't gone to be honest, seems a bargain. Folk would pay more than this for a Squier!

• 5 weeks later...