Why become a member? ×

Status logo

blunderthumbs

Have just purchased a Status energy graphite necked headed bass.
The problem I have is I want the Status logo on the headstock and emailed
Rob Green at Status to ask him if I could purchase a transfer or sticker that I could
apply to my bass. I even sent him a photo of the instrument just to show I wasn't
trying to pass a cheap bass off as one of his.
He sent me a reply saying they don't send them out but if I wanted to dispatch the bass to
him he would put one on and laquer the headstock. This costs £60 plus about £20 each way to
courier it to his workshop. I can't afford £100 just to have the Status logo on my bass, which should have had
one on it in the first place. (The maple necked version has one on)
My question is, how easy is it to scan and copy the status logo off a brochure and onto some transparent sticker paper
which i can then put on my bass.

Edited by blunderthumbs

I'm not entirely sure it 'should' have had a logo in the first place. My Matrix doesn't have a logo either.

You can buy waterslide paper though, and make your own logo with that. I know Jon (Bassassin) has had some trouble with printing out decals without melting the paper, but I'm sure others here could recommend a suitable vendor.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1317761624' post='1394381']
it has a graphite neck
with that certain weave in the neck

- anyone who cares won't need to see a logo to know exactly what it is
[/quote]

That pretty much sums it up!

My Series 1s have no logos on the headstocks or on the pickups as they were prototypes, that's the way they were built and that's the way they'll stay.

Availability of headstock logo seems to depend on age/finish/original order preference/stock of logos/Rob's mood at the time or any or all of the above....

Having said that, I had one put on an old(er!) headed S2 when it went back for some other work and a fine job Rob made of it - it looked as though it had been on there from new when it came back...

You pays yer money........ :)

Edited by JimH