Why become a member? ×

ACCUGROOVE vs EPIFANI vs SCHROEDER

fernandobicho

Opinions of the guys in the test:
Guy 1 - AccuGroove, Schroeder, Epi
Guy 2 - Schroeder, Epifani, AccuGroove
Guy 3 - AccuGroove, Epifani, Schroeder
Guy 4 (me, lol) - Epifani...............................but the others are so powerfull! The Schroeder goes through any mix and play so loud with lots of bass mid! The Accu has a beautifull fat powerfull bass, not many highs, but they're present when you need them (slap for instance). The Epi...well...has been my cab for two years. Not so powerfull, not so fat as Accu but we can control it. Many highs, but we can control them. I think I'll keep it.

cheers

Guest bassman7755

So ... people are making judgments about £700+ premium speaker cabinets by listening to them though: a microphone of unknown quality, a life sucking amount of mp3 compression, and finaly spewed through a £50 pair of PC speakers probably incapable of reproducing the bottom 2 octaves of sound ... makes about as much sense as those people who post demos of high end plasma TVs so we can watch them on a computer screen ... :)

Edited by bassman7755

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1317831202' post='1395147']
So ... people are making judgments about £700+ premium speaker cabinets by listening to them though: a microphone of unknown quality, a life sucking amount of mp3 compression, and finaly spewed through a £50 pair of PC speakers probably incapable of reproducing the bottom 2 octaves of sound ... makes about as much sense as those people who post demos of high end plasma TVs so we can watch them on a computer screen ... :)
[/quote]

You make a big assumption about what we are all listening to this on!

I would agree that the youttube compression at 240p is apalling though, and the room/mic/preamp/recording solution chaion is completely unknown (and given the compression virtually irrelevant anyway).

[quote name='bassman7755' timestamp='1317831202' post='1395147']
[/quote]

I could hear enough of a difference to know which cab I'd be more likely to be interested in. so I posted to be some sort of indiacation to the OP.

would I buy on that basis..??? :) :) :o

I've listened to them in person, my preference goes to the Schroeder due to it's mix cutting ability. I'm not much into a big bottom end, in fact i always try to grt rid of any boom in my sound and keep the low-mid part intact to fill my sound.

As for the sound quality of the recording i think it is irrelevant because all cabs are being captured by the same mic and put trough the same processing. I've listened to the vid with my PC hooked in to my bass amp (therefore i could listen to every available freqs), it's true that you can't feel the original tone/kick of each cab but the sound you're hearing lets you get the right idea of the type of sound from each cab.

Cheers