Why become a member? ×

I had a dream

originalfunkbrother

With my 30th approaching very soon, I have been thinking I should spoil myself and get a fretless bass. I wasnt sure of what make, even though I play Fender basses but last nights events turned my head:
I dreamt I had a Fender Jazz fretless bass and it was the most gorgeous guitar. It was in cherry sunburst, lined with a maple neck and gold volume control knobs. I guess it was brought on partly by me watching the Marcus Miller clip posted by PeteAcademy in an earlier thread.
Just thought I'd share...

Or if you want something really special to celebrate your 30th, how about a fretless 30th Anniversary Stingray?

Of the 783 that were made in total I think about 20 of them were unlined fretless. Personally the 30th is the best Stingray I have ever played and a standard stingray fretless is the best fretless I have ever played which should make the fretless 30th anniversary Stingray the best fretless Stingray ever

Fretless Jazz basses are great, not sure about the sound of a maple fingerboard though. I've always found rosewood sounds best, the maple might not have much character and may be a bit bright.

Personally I don't like gold hardware on Fenders, unless they don't have pickguards and control panels, but each to his own.

Cherry sunburst sounds great though!

Edited by Fat Rich

If you are wanting to try different luthiers work then if you are ever in the Cambridge area your welcome to give my ACG a go too although I've not seen him do a Jazz in a long time :)

Mines not a jazz but the quality of work definitely comes through. :)

Edited by charic

[quote name='funkygreega' timestamp='1317295897' post='1389120']
Cool, I appreciate your opinion. I believe they have some at the Gallery, if I find them in a good enough mood, I might be allowed to try one! :)
[/quote]

they have lots of Sei basses there :)