Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Warwick Corvette (German, wenge & bubinga) FS

Bigwan

1995 Warwick Corvette Proline for sale - this model subsequently became the Standard. Desireable wenge neck (thin profile - not quite jazz dimensions but close) and a beautifully figured bubinga body, the nicest example I've seen. Passive with volume, blend, tone. Sounds brilliant, so much so that I based the wood choices for my Shuker Custom 6 on the sound it produces. Excellent condition. Pics show the worst marks on the bass - small thumb position marks above both pickups (only visible at certain angles) and some wearing of the gold writing on the pickups. Only other point to note is the control cavity cover is broken (surprise, surprise) and is currently blue-tacked shut. Not a huge issue. Culling the herd as the arrival of mini-me no.1 is imminent and my precisions and jazz get all the playing time...

£350 plus postage. No trades please.

Edited by Bigwan

Security. Anyone can reuse pics they see on the internet to try and con someone into buying something that doesn't exist, but I'm the only one with the unmodified pic. Maybe a bit overcautious! I put that pic up to show the era of the bass - serial number ends in 95 as it was made in '95.

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Davebassics' timestamp='1317290527' post='1389016']
Got a wenge neck on my fortress one. They just don't make them like they used to, true quality.
[/quote]

Yep, me too. If it wasn't for that fact, I'd have had this days ago. They really are the most extraordinary neck - IMO so much better than the later wenge/bubinga ones, like I have on my Corvette Fretless.