Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

Skezza

I am after a lightweight cab to replace my old Trace Elliot 4 x 10 at 30+ kilos

I have been offered a Zoot ZBN 410 4 x 10
a Markbass STD 104HR
an Epifani 310UL
an Epifan PS210

I was looking for a 2 x 10 or 4 x 10 to sit on top of my TE 1518c and to use for smaller gigs on there own.

I have never owned any of these cabs they are all baout the same price £400 any information suggestions advice would be welcome.

I use a Peavey T max 500 for big gigs
and a EA Iamps 500 for smaller gigs and rehersals

skez

Edited by Skezza

I would fancy the UL310 the most but wouldn't want to be running it with the TE1518 myself so with that in mind would go for the highest power tried cab and go for a one cab solution..

FWIW, I would think you might get other choices here for the £400.... and maybe better suited..???

If lightweight is the pre-requisit, then maybe you have 3 decent choices.

I would have put the GS212 in the mix, but that is quite heavy, albeit on casters plus you are still thinking of touting the TE cab which must be a beast..!!

On the face of it, I'd go UL310 IF modular..... or else Markbass for power AND weight

[quote name='Skezza' timestamp='1316785143' post='1382871']
Better suited such as

skez
[/quote]

This one..?????

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/153517-genz-benz-neox-212-cover-fs/"]http://basschat.co.u...x-212-cover-fs/[/url]

Take your point about 10" over everyting else though, but this could work as a one can set-up.

I use 2x112 of 2x210... and take either as per the stage.
If you want lighter, then that rather says get rid of the TE.

Or.... keep the TE rig that justifies the carry, so bigger gigs, and just get the 210/310 to do everything else.

Edited by JTUK

Ive got a Markbass 210 traveller cab, that seems to fit your pre-requisits. Ive got a 151 aswell, which also does. I cant compare them to your other options, but i can tell you that individually these cabs are superb. Clarity of tone is exceptional, plenty loud enough, and plenty light enough. When i play somewhere a little bigger, i run them together and laugh as i feel all the people holding onto their hearts in their chest as i play :)