Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Faker Fender MIJ Precision copy (but a good & interesting one at that)

Raslee

I picked this bass up as i had a bit of P Gas but i've decided i'm a jazz man & a new bass shortly to arrive on the scene and a small debt to wifey means ones got to go.

This bass is a great P bass, looks, plays and sounds great. It is of course a fake Fender Precision replica made to look like an 80's Japanese P bass. It was such a convincing fake that when i got i wasn't sure if it was the real thing and took the bass apart only to find 80's date stamps on the body & neck ....these are of course fake & not done by me i hasten to add -i bought the bass like this. Not sure why this was done, innocent replication? or one can speculate possible fraudulent activities or whatever - who knows!!!...... anyhow, none the less, the bass is really good quality and certainly looks a great replica. I have no idea of the parts used in the bass but it plays lovely and on par with a decent Mexican/CV Squire..if not better.

Looking for £170 shipped, no case but will be well packed.
Pictures here: [url="https://picasaweb.google.com/118380618731756986255/Precision?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLivlfPIs4yA8wE&feat=directlink"]https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink[/url] More available if you need.

I shall be shortly listing it on evilbay if no interest here.

Forgot to mention, there are a few marks on the body as can be seen in the pics, the worst being on the back of the body 80's mojo haha. Also to allow for truss rod adjustment i have filed the scratch plate and chiseled a small groove by the neck.

Edited by Rasta

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1316682030' post='1381240']
That's nice...Good luck with the sale!
[/quote]
Cheers mate, yeah she is a looker. Surprised no ones taken up this bargain...evilbay at the weekend then. :)

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1316802481' post='1383248']
Bloody good job done on the headstock!
[/quote]
Yes i had to triple check when i received as the neck itself is rather nice and good quality too.

PM's replied

As requested:

This picture shows a black sponge by the bridge which i used when experimenting with muting, its removable.

Hey thats a knock-off of my E-series! Respect to you for calling it as a fake BTW. Just out of interest for the geeks, logo is way too small and should have an ® after "Precision bass", round blob on the end of the headstock is too wide and too square, E-series neck should have a skunk stripe, string tree should be directly under the A-string capstan, body horns are too fat and the hardware isn't all rusty! Looks like a beautiful bass, weird one to knock off though. Wonder if they were counterfeiting only a "semi-classic" rather than a true vintage USA model to distract attention from the fact its a fake? Really interesting post.