Why become a member? ×

Do you play all your basses?

Blademan_98

I did have 4 basses until today when I gave away my old Clarissa electro acoustic to a college friend of our eldest. I haven't played it for a long time. The piezzo pickup died years ago and the neck and action are quite bad after it went on a plane many years ago.The intonation was also bad and you couldn't play along with another instrument as it got more & more out of tune up the neck. I have recently moved house and no longer have a dedicated music room with it and my acoustic guitar hanging on the wall. All my gear is now stored under the stairs. He is a young aspiring bass player so hopefully it has found a new home and will get played.

My main gigging bass in my Stingray which is tune down a semitone. I use my Charvel to practise at home in concert pitch. My Aria fretless get's to come along to a gig every now and then when I'm in the mood.

my two 4 strings tend to get ignored these days... dreadful as my fretless is a Wal I'd trade it for a 5 string fretless tomorrow if a. it was a good deal and b. it was another Wal!

I couldn't sell either, as one is a JV 57 precision bought new in '81, first "decent" bass, the other is a Wal!

I've got 5 basses at the moment - one 5 string and four 4 string. The Status is my main gigging bass with the Stingray or Thumb taken as a backup and for occasional use where a different tuning is needed. The others get played regularly at home as I enjoy playing them all.