Why become a member? ×

Low Profile aftermarket bridges?

Shockwave

Hey guys.

I need a low profile bridge replacement for my Gibson Grabber. The current bridge has a very thin baseplate which restricts my options (And I would prefer to run without a shim if possible. The bass is getting a refret and fretboard level, so its a very touch and go subject if I can use something thats not the original bridge.

So whats the thinnest (Or smallest barrel bridge peice) bridge I could buy?

Cheers!

Rob.

[quote name='geoffbyrne' post='1369430' date='Sep 11 2011, 02:17 PM']The Schaller 3D is probably the lowest around.

G.[/quote]

I have one on my Pedulla, it seems quite thick to me, the fingerboard on the Grabber is quite flat and with the curved baseplate on the Schaller probably wouldnt be the best choice!

[quote name='tommorichards' post='1369652' date='Sep 11 2011, 06:29 PM']Well, if altering the instrument is an option, route out a hole for the bridge.

Like this, but not as big, just enough so the bridge plate is level with the body.

[/quote]

Yeah that went a tad pear shaped. Mainly because I'm cack-handed when it comes to straight lines with a router, and very slightly because the wood wasn't very good. But aside from that it worked very well.