Why become a member? ×

DHA VT2

paul_5

For sale, DHA VT2 EQ dual channel valve drivepedal/EQ/DI. I've only had this two weeks, it's so good that I'm selling to fund the rack version.

Really versatile, loads of different tones and foot-switchable second valve channel for a bit more authentic high voltage filth.

[url="http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx90/RichardFoggo/2011_07310005.jpg"]http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx90/Ri...11_07310005.jpg[/url]

I'm asking for what I paid for it which was £125 posted. No power supply, takes 12v 1200mA.

Edited by paul_5

[quote name='RichF' post='1368723' date='Sep 10 2011, 05:16 PM']barsteward, that was mine and I'd have it back in an instant had I not just blown the bank on a filter and a bit crusher. Superb two channel loveliness for all OD lovers.[/quote]

and very fine it is too, I've just got my eye on a rack mount version with a footswitch, so I can keep the tone (and what a tone) but have a slightly smaller and more manageable board.

It is, as you say, superb. and I may withdraw this shortly...

ive just realised I quite fancy a dual channel overdrive sound. The DHA pedal I have is amazing and does everything I want. However when I am playing clubfoot I feel as though I need a boost at the solo or something.

I wonder if I could could just use the pedal active at those points rather than having it set all the way through the song which means when I come to the solo I dont feel I have enough presence..

I dont want to have more than one pedal infront of me so maybe I should concentrate on the pickup selector on my Ric as an option of immediate volume increase.

I know the pedal aint for sale and I seem to be rambling however since I started writing I thought I may as well finish. Also any thoughts on this matter is welcome :-)

Out of interest here is my pedal.http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119897&hl=dha

Edited by munkonthehill

If you have an always on gentle OD, then a twin channel is unbeatable in allowing you to switch up to heavy OD. I was not as concerned because I have distortion and fuzz to cover most of the step ups I need. I still want OD but will get a solution that takes up less board space (looking at a SFX micro red dragon or a smaller DHA).

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1374133' date='Sep 15 2011, 10:30 AM']ive just realised I quite fancy a dual channel overdrive sound. The DHA pedal I have is amazing and does everything I want. However when I am playing clubfoot I feel as though I need a boost at the solo or something.

I wonder if I could could just use the pedal active at those points rather than having it set all the way through the song which means when I come to the solo I dont feel I have enough presence..

I dont want to have more than one pedal infront of me so maybe I should concentrate on the pickup selector on my Ric as an option of immediate volume increase.

I know the pedal aint for sale and I seem to be rambling however since I started writing I thought I may as well finish. Also any thoughts on this matter is welcome :-)

Out of interest here is my pedal.http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=119897&hl=dha[/quote]

[quote name='RichF' post='1374361' date='Sep 15 2011, 12:58 PM']If you have an always on gentle OD, then a twin channel is unbeatable in allowing you to switch up to heavy OD. I was not as concerned because I have distortion and fuzz to cover most of the step ups I need. I still want OD but will get a solution that takes up less board space (looking at a SFX micro red dragon or a smaller DHA).[/quote]

The amount of OD I have probably wont change now I have sat down and played with the bass and the pedal I have. It looks like its a volume boost I need rather than the 2nd channel OD that I was previously talking about.

the thing is I dont want to go through the process of buying and selling pedals again as I have pretty much got what I want in terms of gear.

The Orange head I have does dirty really well............the pedal I have can act as a boost aswell as adding valve and diode OD if required. However fannying about with EQ settings during a gig is just a pain in the arse as its only really 1 or 2 songs this may come into effect.

WHAT TO DO WHAT DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1316087894' post='1374361']If you have an always on gentle OD, then a twin channel is unbeatable in allowing you to switch up to heavy OD. I was not as concerned because I have distortion and fuzz to cover most of the step ups I need. I still want OD but will get a solution that takes up less board space (looking at a SFX micro red dragon or a smaller DHA).

[/quote]

Sorry resurrect this, but I'm looking at DHA pedals at the moment. I was condering a catalinbread sft as the utube vids show it as a nice clean always on tube emulator that gets overdriven when you dig in. Do the DHA pedals work in the same way?
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Walker' timestamp='1319274122' post='1412035']
Sorry resurrect this, but I'm looking at DHA pedals at the moment. I was condering a catalinbread sft as the utube vids show it as a nice clean always on tube emulator that gets overdriven when you dig in. Do the DHA pedals work in the same way?
Cheers
Chris
[/quote]

I didn't find the DHA responded in the way the SFT is supposed to with that ability to drive based on attack - you set the drive level on the DHA and you were off. Obviously dynamics would allow for variation in tone but it didn't work quite like the SFT. I loved the VT2 (twin channel), I would quite fancy a VT1 (single channel), although purely to do with real estate on my board I have gone for a SFX red dragon, which I hear good things about.

Edited by RichF