Why become a member? ×

SOLD Orange AD200B MKIII SOLD

Le Chat Noir

[quote name='rapscallion' post='1367922' date='Sep 9 2011, 06:01 PM']Sorry to hijack but your band sounds interesting. Any links?[/quote]

Sure, you can check us out at [url="http://www.lechatnoir.org.uk"]http://www.lechatnoir.org.uk[/url]

I've dabbled with all kinds of rigs, even quad amping for a while!

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='1367831' date='Sep 9 2011, 04:36 PM']I have to say it's the best bass amp I've ever heard, amazingly lovely rounded, punchy sound with that unmistakeable tube clank and grind that can't be faked.

I literally bought this amp today, I've dreamed of trying one of these for ages. So, why the rush to sell it on again so soon? I play guitar in a 2-piece band and I have an unusual biamped rig involving a guitar amp on one side and a bass fuzz and POG into bass amp on the other side. The current amp in that setup is a solid state job - nothing special for bass, but it works really well in my guitar rig because I hit it with a lot of boosted bass freqs and fuzz and because it's SS, it holds together well. I was hoping the AD200B would be even better, but sadly it just doesn't sound right in my rig. It doesn't take the extra bass and fuzz so well.

I asked the seller if he'd take it back but he said he wasn't up for that, so I have to sell it on and recoup my money!

It's in really great condition with a nice padded Silverstone cover. I'll take £750 for it which I feel is a very fair price for these having had a look at what they've sold for previously on here, plus postage to cover insured delivery if you insist, though I'd obviously rather meet up (I'm down in Devon).

If nobody's interested it won't pain me too much to keep it for when I do grab my bass, as it is truly a thing of beauty :)

[/quote]

i want it >.< i want it ...................bump

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='1372687' date='Sep 13 2011, 11:35 PM']Currently on hold for a fellow forumite who is coming to try it out this Thursday![/quote]

If he doesn't want it, i'll have it. I'm based in somerset so could pick it up no probs. Please PM me if he doesn't take it.
Cheers,
Norm

[quote name='Le Chat Noir' post='1368474' date='Sep 10 2011, 12:25 PM']Sure, you can check us out at [url="http://www.lechatnoir.org.uk"]http://www.lechatnoir.org.uk[/url]

I've dabbled with all kinds of rigs, even quad amping for a while![/quote]

great amount of energy in the band for just having 2 folk in it.....great to watch buddy. Im a massive White Stripes fan so find this very pleasing :)

[quote name='munkonthehill' post='1373632' date='Sep 14 2011, 07:48 PM']great amount of energy in the band for just having 2 folk in it.....great to watch buddy. Im a massive White Stripes fan so find this very pleasing :)[/quote]

Cheers, glad you enjoyed it!

I think we're probably a lot heavier than the White Stripes, I've never been a huge fan of their music, though I do admire them for being very savvy. Obviously being a girl on drums and a guy on guitar is always going to invite those kind of comparisons though :)

[quote name='Norm' post='1373203' date='Sep 14 2011, 01:36 PM']If he doesn't want it, i'll have it. I'm based in somerset so could pick it up no probs. Please PM me if he doesn't take it.
Cheers,
Norm[/quote]

OK Norm, definitely will do - having just had couriers damage an amp I sent in the post to a forumite on here despite over-packing it, I'm not really willing to take that risk again with the AD200B - it's too valuable!

I just shipped an Ampeg head using Paisley Shipping.

Companies like parcelfarce etc. have an exception in their insurance/liability that says musical amplifiers aren't covered at all, even if it gets smashed to pieces. In fact, I never found a single company that didn't have that rule. Which kind of makes it a bit lucrative sending amps with them as the moment something goes wrong, even if they're to blame, there's nothing you can do.

That was until I found Paisley. They have a list of items that are excluded from insurance/liability. But amps aren't one. They'll cover it fully insured, door to door. And next day delivery will cost less than £20 for your AD200.

A massive recommendation for them, to anybody wanting to send an amp head.

Companies like parcelfarce etc. have an exception in their insurance/liability that says musical amplifiers aren't covered at all, even if it gets smashed to pieces. In fact, I never found a single company that didn't have that rule. Which kind of makes it a bit lucrative sending amps with them as the moment something goes wrong, even if they're to blame, there's nothing you can do.

That was until I found Paisley. They have a list of items that are excluded from insurance/liability. But amps aren't one. They'll cover it fully insured, door to door. And next day delivery will cost less than £20 for your AD200.

I fully recommend them to anybody wanting to send an amp head. Cheap, quick and actually responsible!

Did it sell to the man from Cardiff?

[quote name='Bankai' post='1373840' date='Sep 14 2011, 10:04 PM']I just shipped an Ampeg head using Paisley Shipping.

I fully recommend them to anybody wanting to send an amp head. Cheap, quick and actually responsible![/quote]

[quote name='Bankai' timestamp='1316034286' post='1373840']

I fully recommend them to anybody wanting to send an amp head. Cheap, quick and actually responsible!
[/quote]

Any chance of a link Bankai?
Cheers,
Karl.