Why become a member? ×

Soundblox Envelope Filter Pro

RichF

Pleasant surprise after being told no restock till 24 October.

The following items have been shipped to you today:
===================================================

001.00 SOURCE AUDIO SOUNDBLOX PRO BASS ENVELOPE
Bass FX Pedal - 23 filter sounds control for Effectan,
Sweep Range, Frequenz, Speed uad Mix, switch for Preset
Bank, Modulation and for Tap Tempo, 6 programmable presets,
, amount: 1 pc(s)

Simply cannot wait to get my hands on this monster. Anyone else got one yet or due to get one? That along with Taylor Livingston emailing this morning to say my Frantabit has shipped means, woo hoo baby pedal heaven!

Edited by RichF

[quote name='RichF' post='1366877' date='Sep 8 2011, 07:51 PM']Pleasant surprise after being told no restock till 24 October.

The following items have been shipped to you today:
===================================================

001.00 SOURCE AUDIO SOUNDBLOX PRO BASS ENVELOPE
Bass FX Pedal - 23 filter sounds control for Effectan,
Sweep Range, Frequenz, Speed uad Mix, switch for Preset
Bank, Modulation and for Tap Tempo, 6 programmable presets,
, amount: 1 pc(s)

Simply cannot wait to get my hands on this monster. Anyone else got one yet or due to get one? That along with Taylor Livingston emailing this morning to say my Frantabit has shipped means, woo hoo baby pedal heaven![/quote]
me too, got the text today !! made me one happy bunny for the day. can't wait ! :)

Oh yeah! Sheer lust given there is no way I need a filter this powerful. Maybe I am not too late for dubstep!

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1367003' date='Sep 8 2011, 09:23 PM']me too, got the text today !! made me one happy bunny for the day. can't wait ! :)[/quote]

[quote name='G.D.' post='1373407' date='Sep 14 2011, 04:54 PM']They are lots cheaper from the USA shame about the wrong voltage adaptor. I'd snaffle one straight away at the £140 mark but £229 is out of my limited budget. You guys that now have one - what do you think of it ?[/quote]
it's a great pedal, with a great deal of new functions compared to the standard b.e.f., which i loved anyway, as just the envelope filter section on it's own is worth the price of several individual stompboxes. put a fuzz (or two) in front and it kills.

it is going to take me a while to discover all of the possibilities that it can offer, so you'll have to wait for a better report...

i get the feeling that 229 was the price in euros ? i think it works out around £185 from Thomann.de

I'm seriously tempted to get one of these, not sure how much use it'd be in a punk band though.

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1375553' date='Sep 16 2011, 02:08 PM']i've managed to synch it up with a drum machine via midi, to control the lfo speed and put a fuzz or two in front.

soundclips in a coupla weeks, when i get a few more presets sorted.[/quote]

Nah, post what you've got now. I can't wait a few weeks!

Nice avatars you've had recently. I love a bottle of Brew Dog now and again...

[quote name='bartelby' post='1375579' date='Sep 16 2011, 02:28 PM']Nah, post what you've got now. I can't wait a few weeks!

Nice avatars you've had recently. I love a bottle of Brew Dog now and again...[/quote]
:)

Brew Dog are where it's at !

ok, soundclips will be as early as i can do, when i get around to my mate who has proper facilities for it.

my zoom h2 is great for remembering stuff, but not good enough to post !

patience my friend.., :) ..buy one anyway. they're grrrreat (in the words of tony-the-tiger).

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='1375619' date='Sep 16 2011, 03:16 PM']:)

Brew Dog are where it's at !

ok, soundclips will be as early as i can do, when i get around to my mate who has proper facilities for it.

my zoom h2 is great for remembering stuff, but not good enough to post !

patience my friend.., :) ..buy one anyway. they're grrrreat (in the words of tony-the-tiger).[/quote]

I'd need to sell, non musical, stuff first...
Should pull my finger out and actually advertise it all really...

just getting a chance now to crank this bad boy up. jeez-o. it's a monster. so much going on, so much control. if anything, as I feared, probably a bit too much for me! I had an old bassballs which was squelch-tastic. that was like a pocket calculator to this freaking supercomputer. Add in hothand and varying input including soundblox multiwave distortion and its going to be months before I know where I am.

Oh and Brewdog is def where it's at. regular at the brewdog pub here in Edinburgh, and would be investing in their share scheme (more you drink, the more you earn! :) ) if i hadn't just blown a wedge on this pedal.

[quote name='Walker' timestamp='1316971074' post='1385023']
OK. Just plugged mine in (15 mins ago). EXACTLY what I needed. I think!

It's gonna take some time to get to grips with this kit. But it is very powerful.

Anyone have any settings to share yet?
[/quote]
i got mine a couple of weeks ago, and it is capable of lots of interesting stuff.

here's a clip of me attempting some wobble ..

(please appreciate it's early days !)

[url="http://soundcloud.com/si-resinator/clip1-2"]http://soundcloud.com/si-resinator/clip1-2[/url]

[quote name='RichF' timestamp='1317015698' post='1385394']
Great sounds. How is your BEF pro set up for wobble?
[/quote]
cheers Rich. i'll post the settings this evening, when i get back from work :)

it's all about the 'backpage menu', i recommend downloading and printing off the supplementary stuff from the website.

[url="http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/documentation/sbp_bef_pedal_supplement.pdf"]http://www.sourceaudio.net/products/documentation/sbp_bef_pedal_supplement.pdf[/url]

Glad to see everyone is into the BEF Pro over here! I made blog entry on the Source Audio website detailing some of the settings from the 'Slurple Gurp' BEF Pro video. That should point you in the right direction for getting those dubstep sounds. If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to help!

[url="http://www.sourceaudio.net/blog/post/sneak-preview-of-the-bef-pro/"]http://www.sourceaud...of-the-bef-pro/[/url]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXkV55co9Zw[/media]

Edited by itswac