Why become a member? ×

New to Basschat

Zerofret

Hello one and all. This looked like a great place to be so I succumbed and joined up! I got my first bass guitar in around 1971 - it was a Rosetti - it was pretty bad but I wish I still had it. After years of guitar playing I only rediscovered the bass in the 1980s and got a Bass Collection 5 string and later it was joined by a Bass Collection fretless. Unusually I use a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 as an amp with an additional 15" speaker cab. It's unburstable as a bass amp although never designed as such. One day I will treat myself to a Rickenbacker - something I've always fancied after getting into Chris Squire in the 70s.

So there you go, that's me done - looking forward to chatting to and meeting some of you guys.

Steve

Edited by Zerofret

[quote name='NickThomas' post='158492' date='Mar 16 2008, 06:25 PM']Hi Zerofret ... cool name ... glad to see something good came out of Lancashire apart from hotpot :)

Cheers,

Nick.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome Nick. I can tell you that my bass playing is a poor second to Lancashire hotpot - mind you most things are!
Cheers
Zerofret

[quote name='ped' post='159002' date='Mar 17 2008, 04:07 PM']Hi Steve, Chris here! Glad you found us. I am sure your amazing mass of knowledge with valves and electrical gubbins will be a great resource for lots of people on here!

Cheers
ped[/quote]

Thanks Chris - All is revealed! Hope I can be of some help in the group. Did Sunday afternoon go OK? I was planning on popping down but I got caught up in stuff.

All the best
Steve

[quote name='ednaplate' post='159533' date='Mar 18 2008, 12:48 PM']Welcome on board. This is the friendliest forum on the web. Well... it's the only one that really interests me anyway.[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome and nice bass by the way, nice beasts those Warwicks.

Zerofret

Hi Steve,

Sunday was great - there are some pics here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15431"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=15431[/url]

The only problem was the load in/out because some fairly large speakers were coming in and out, and I forgot about the doors which open on each other between the large room and the control room, but we sorted out a sort of traffic light system that seemed to work!

You look a bit like Walter Becker in your profile picture ;0)

Cheers
Chris

• 2 weeks later...