Why become a member? ×

Preamps ALL SOLD

stevebasshead

Over the last 5 years I've been through various preamps but have finally come full circle and settled on an all valve head (Marshall Superbass, I'd have saved a small fortune, not to mention a lot of GAS, if I'd bought this first!!) So, the following are now all up for sale:

[b]Ampeg SVP-Pro:[/b] Grey hammerite version, fitted with 2 ElectroHarmonix, 2 Groove Tubes, and an Edicron in the drive position. Great condition and every bit as lovely sounding as you'd expect. Full disclosure here, the mute and pad buttons will sometimes make a pop sound when activated, but since I mute with my pedal tuner anyway this was never an issue so I never felt the need to investigate it further. Everything else is 100% [b]£250 incl p+p[/b] ** SOLD **

[b]Peavey TG Raxx:[/b] Great condition, amazingly versatile EQ. Original Peavey valves and it sounds great, the clean sound is clear but warm (if you get me). The T[b]G[/b][i][/i] Raxx is the guitar version of the T[b]B[/b][i][/i] Raxx but apart from the control labels it's identical to the bass bersion internally. [b]£110 incl. p+p[/b] **SOLD**

[b]Marshall MGP9004:[/b] Strictly speaking this is a guitar preamp but it works just fine with bass, although dub or reggae players may not agree!! So yes, don't expect the earthquake lows but everything else is there. It's got two channels, the clean channel is passive EQ'd, the driven channel is active (but if you set the gain low it'll do clean too. No valves here, it's all solid state, but at this price what do you expect? :) [b]£45 incl p+p[/b] ** SOLD **

Any questions just ask :)

Steve.

Edited by stevebasshead

[quote name='stevebasshead' post='1366450' date='Sep 8 2011, 02:29 PM']Full disclosure here, the mute and pad buttons will sometimes make a pop sound when activated, but since I mute with my pedal tuner anyway this was never an issue so I never felt the need to investigate it further.[/quote]

They do that on mine. I think it's a 'feature' rather than an issue.

Great sounding preamp, I use it with 1kW of solid-state power amp and it sounds better than an SVT. And I can carry it all on my own :-)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1366478' date='Sep 8 2011, 02:58 PM']See, the Ampeg and the Peavey, into a stereo power amp as a guitar and bass rig engine, would be immense. Did something similar, tempted to go there again.[/quote]

Or for a bass: Neck pickup through the Ampeg into channel 1, bridge pickup through the Peavey into Channel 2, a big pile of Barefaced cabs.

Nurse! The screens!

[quote name='bremen' post='1366472' date='Sep 8 2011, 02:52 PM']...They do that on mine. I think it's a 'feature' rather than an issue...[/quote]
Well that's good news :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1366478' date='Sep 8 2011, 02:58 PM']See, the Ampeg and the Peavey, into a stereo power amp as a guitar and bass rig engine, would be immense. Did something similar, tempted to go there again.[/quote]
Go on...you know you want to... :)

[quote name='bremen' post='1366489' date='Sep 8 2011, 03:05 PM']Or for a bass: Neck pickup through the Ampeg into channel 1, bridge pickup through the Peavey into Channel 2, a big pile of Barefaced cabs.

Nurse! The screens![/quote]
That's actually one of the combinations I ran with my Ric (except for the Barefaced cabs, I had Tech Soundsystems) and it really was fun!!