Why become a member? ×

Andertons online

edstraker123

You would think that in the current economic climate, retailers would be falling over themselves to try and win our business but after my own experience with Andertons and having just read another posting on the Bass Gallery that appears not to be the case.

I purchased a relativeley cheap guitar from Andertons and made 3 phone calls to check that that the guitar would be delivered yesterday as I was going to need to take a days holiday to ensure I was in to receive it. Of course it did not turn up - apparently the fault was with the warehouse staff . I reluctantly rearranged delivery for today before 12.00 with my wife having taken a days holiday and guess what it still hasn't arrived !No doubt they will blame the courier.

I would just cancel the order but it would then be days before the funds would be refunded to my credit card and the guitar is a limited edition and I can't find another for a decent price anywhere in the country.

I just hate the fact that poor service like this now seems to have become the norm and it isn't just restricted to online purchases, the stores can be as bad. In my personal experience of the 3 main music Stores in Liverpool City Centre there was only Dolphin (now sadly closed down) who demonstrated any level of customer care at all and that varied with the particular member of staff who served you.

Anyway suffice to say I won't be using Andertons ever again.

You can always take control of it yourself if you are qualified for the Job..... :)

Position: E-commerce Manager / Head of Ecommerce

An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced E-commerce Manager to join an established E-commerce music retailer based in Guildford, Surrey.

Andertons Music is recruiting for a strategic thinking E-Commerce professional to manage the company’s online retail presence.

About the job

As E-commerce Manager you will be a key member of Andertons’ senior management team and responsible for setting the online direction of the company.

However this isn’t all about ‘blue sky’ strategic thinking; you will also be expected to manage the execution and report to the senior management team.

This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a varied and dynamic role in one of the UK’s most successful and growing online music retailers.

Role and responsibilities include:

Full responsibility for Andertons’ online retail strategy

Define and evolve online sales & marketing strategy

Manage small but growing internal E-commerce team

Create RFI’s / development specification documents and manage current technology provider

Manage external marketing agencies, including SEO agencies & PPC agencies

Plan and execute online marketing activities including email marketing & social media

Gather and analyse information and make recommendations to further improve the customer on-line experience and the commercial performance of the E-commerce operation

About you

Your most recent experience will be in a similar E-commerce role or from within a digital agency dealing with online retail clients.

You will be an ambitious individual, with a desire to succeed. You will be flexible and must have excellent communication, project management and analytical skills.

An in-depth knowledge of B2C E-commerce channels is highly desirable.

The salary offered is negotiable for candidates able to demonstrate strong ecommerce experience.

You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-channel retail environment that prides itself on customer service and support across all channels.

Attention to detail is essential, along with strong communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently both internally and externally at all levels.

You will need to have strong project management and organisation skills, experience in formulating successful online retail & marketing strategies and a strong track record of working with and managing external agencies.

Desirable skills:

Experience & understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and Pay Per Click marketing

Proven success of implementing & managing affiliate programs

Strong approach to email marketing & customer communication strategies

Good understanding of web analytics & site conversion strategies

Experience of successful online merchandising

Effective people manager

Strong project management abilities

Strong reporting & communication skills

The company

Andertons is a fast-paced and entrepreneurial retail organisation that over the past 40 years has established itself as one of the UK’s most popular music retailers.

Having experienced strong online growth over the past 7 years this is a unique opportunity to join an ambitious and fun company that has huge online potential.

Next Steps

In order to be a part of this exciting journey, please send your CV to [email protected] along with a covering letter describing why you would be a great fit for this role.

We will be in touch shortly to discuss the next stage of this process.

Please do not apply directly or call in asking if your CV has been received.

I've had a nightmare with couriers of late... nothing to with the shop as they had sent the stuff out as planned.

After speaking to them, they said that they were having difficulty tracking and delivering parcels because their computer system was "playing up". Pretty much a nightmare if a failure like this means zero delivery and zero tracking.

Of course, what made me even more amused is the following plastered on their website -

God only knows what their interpretation of "simplified shipping" is...

Edited by EBS_freak

I have to agree about couriers. Stuff gets lost, nicked and damaged quite often. We had a delivery of Roland pianos where the boxes had been speared by a forklift truck. On another occasion, a Nightfreight driver delivered some amps, carried them from the back of his truck, and slammed them down as if they were sacks of potatoes.

You know that statistic that if you receive good service you'll tell 3 people if you receive bad service you'll tell 11 - well you've just told over 18,000 (members on this site) and however many visitors this site has...you might want to point that out to them..they've potentially lost that many sales..