Why become a member? ×

Hole in my eminence midrange

Mr. Foxen

Left my BFM cab at the practice space, one time I came back and the cover was missing, and when I used it, it totally farted out in the mids really fast. Finally got it home, and investigated:

That the likely source of the trouble, and can I fix it, bearing in mind it is on the flexi bit? Or does anyone have am Alpha 8 MRA going spare?

Looks like they aren't too much money to replace. Had a go at a fix I read on another forum, silicon the hole and push the flaps into place, then stick a single ply of tissue over it with some more silicon:

See how that works tomorrow. Neighbours will love that I have to push it to know.

[quote name='JTUK' post='1364711' date='Sep 6 2011, 10:09 PM']Looks decent enough..and if it works, you can colour it in with a felt tip.

I'd be more interested in how it came to all this...!![/quote]

As in what broke the speaker? With the hole, I can't see it being from abuse in the practice space. My guess is it was poked through before and the flap secured, and the studio abuse opened it up again.

Advantage of silicon over PVA, is that I have silicon. Have some white wood glue, but it is thick stuff.