Why become a member? ×

SWR Triad Bass Cab For Sale ***Sold***

BassBunny

I had been looking for a "1-Cab" solution for some time and this really hit the spot. I reckon it is the best cab I have ever used.
3-Way design with a 15" & 10" Driver and a horn.
The 10" is housed in a seperate chamber that is rear ported.
It's a MKII version with twin speakons and twin jacks. It's in great condition.
It houses an Eminence Delta 15A and an Alpha 10A as well as an Audax Horn. Although it is rated at 400W RMS, the drivers are rated at 600W RMS. The Crossover is really clever having a Low Pass filter on the 10".
Frequencies above 5 kHz go to the Tweeter
Frequencies between 5 kHz and 100 Hz go to the 10 & the 15"
Frequencies below 100Hz go to the 15"

Thomann still have them at just shy of £800.
[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/swr_triad.htm"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/swr_triad.htm[/url]

Edited by BassBunny

Folks,

Recently I was round at Bassbunny's house. I was picking his brains about heads and speakers. This SWR Triad quickly became the standard against which we compared Markbass, Zoot, Barefaced and TC rigs - it's that accomplished.

Bassbunny is a nice guy too - hugely knowledgeable about all things electronic, and a hugely experienced bass player. He'll see you right.

Steve

Edited by solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' post='1363277' date='Sep 5 2011, 07:13 PM']Folks,

Recently I was round at Bassbunny's house. I was picking his brains about heads and speakers. This SWR Triad quickly became the standard against which we compared Markbass, Zoot, Barefaced and TC rigs - it's that accomplished.

Bassbunny is a nice guy too - hugely knowledgeable about all things electronic, and a hugely experienced bass player. He'll see you right.

Steve[/quote]

You've got me blushing Steve :)
Thanks for the kind words.

Stuart, plugged this baby in the second i got home, and all i can say is.... WOW. Sounds absolutely fantastic with my Terror Bass, full range of tones, really punchy, and basically just sounds great with any settings.

Thanks Mate. Over the moon with it!