Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Views on Peavey Grind??

Jamesemt

I've been offered a swap for my Taylor acoustic, and wondered if it was worth it?

I've tried doing a search, with the consensus being to buy a Cirrus instead...

I don't REALLY need another bass (was hoping for a highway jazz...), but if the acoustic doesn't make the reserve, I might as well get something I'm going to use.

Any thoughts?

Is it the thru-neck grind? i tried a 4 and a 6 string a while back. great bass for the money! it might want the frets filing a little but if you're into the passive sound and want a thru-neck, look no further. The slap cutaway is a useful little feature too and i found it very playable!
hope this helps!

I have a Peavey that I got about 5 years back for £280 new, thru neck 4 string beautiful wood, and after a professional setup, it feels better to me than any other bass I've played, and I include high end stuff like Stingrays in that description. But this is just because I have been lucky enough to find a bass that fits me perfectly.

The only gripe is that there is one slightly dead spot in the neck, but it's only one note, and I can live with that not being a gigging player.

Thing is, I don't know what model my bass is, but I've googled a peavy grind and it looks almost identical. So I'd say there is a good chance that the grind is a very nice bass for the money.

Edited by Frusty

its a great bass beautiful to play, and is a real looker! through neck is gorgeous on my 6, and iv set it up real nice! thinking of upgrading the electronics though, sound isnt bright enough for me! endless sustain though with string thru body. careful though as some grinds sound fantastic, some are rubbish, cosmetically too, all the wonders of a hand bulit bass, certainly try the actuall bass before buying it

I like mine (6er) as said very very very good for the money (thomann have them so cheap) there are a few slight niggles but nothing serious for the money, electronics will want upgrading but other than that go for it.
I also have one of the old non through neck active 4 strings (not american made unfortunately) and i love it, light weight and very easy to play.