Why become a member? ×

Yamaha Trombone - piccys added

Hi all Up for grabs is a Silver Yamaha Trombone. It's been used and comes in a hard case. It's hardly been used since buying it from Benbastin on this forum around a year ago. It has a few dings for it's age. Ben described it as a very good 'beater' instrument to use out and about. But don't let that fool you about the qualtity of the instrument, as Yamaha have a reputation for making instruments that play very well and this one's no exception. I'm only looking for what I paid for it which is £80.00 collected. I'm willing to post if the buyer pays carriadge. Thanks for looking folks :) T

Edited by essexbasscat

[quote name='overwater#1' post='1365648' date='Sep 7 2011, 07:35 PM']I've owned a couple of Yamaha instruments, and imho, they make the very best student level horns around! Build quality always fantastic, nice hooters![/quote]

Thanks for the endorsement Overwater, I couldn't agree more. Yamaha do make good instruments and their quality control is generally very high. That's the reason why I grabbed it when it came up !

However, a new project calls, so something's got to give.

Move on up !

Edited by essexbasscat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

[attachment=103609:DSCF3669.jpg][attachment=103607:DSCF3670.jpg][attachment=103608:DSCF3671.jpg][attachment=103344:DSCF3661.jpg][attachment=103345:DSCF3663.jpg][attachment=103346:DSCF3667.jpg][attachment=103347:DSCF3672.jpg][attachment=103348:DSCF3673.jpg]

I've checked the slide and there's very little evidence of wear from friction. As the slide also moves very easily, I'd say the tubes are pretty parallel and it's a good functioning instrument.

Edited by essexbasscat

Right. Captain disorganised here. I screamed through the day yesterday almost without stopping from getting out of bed until I fell back into it. So I've finally got back to this !

I've checked the numbers and it's a model YSL 64T, instrument no 03615.

The photos don't show it well, but the finish is patchy and tarnished over quite a bit. There's a dent in the bell (which I've hopefully captured in the picture and a dent in the last bend The finish isn't pitted however. I've added this as I want to be as honest with this ad as I can.

As I said, I'm only asking what I paid for it. Given it functions well, I have no doubt it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...